M' Lady

M' Lady

A Story by Author Z
"

A short story... M'Lady

"
M'lady is such a very kind, tender woman. Many women wish to become her; Men wish to marry her. But despite her tenderhearted act, M'lady is a narcissist. Conceited but also kind to others? How does she do it? Oh right, M'lady is a phony when it comes to feelings of others. It's an act. But why chose me? Why chose me to serve you? I ask this question many times to her, but I've never gotten a response. Today was M'lady's going out day. I accompany her everyday to the park. Her big puffy, pink dress obtained jewelry that even the Queen would die for. Her crystal rings shined brighter then the Sun. Her beauty challenged even the beautiful goddess, Athena. M'lady is a jewel that needs to be place or buried somewhere, where her beauty wouldn't be tainted with. Children in the park accompanied her and exchange words with one another. M'lady's smile would be much more beautiful if it wasn't fake. Even the children get no sympathy from M'lady. Walking back to the mansion, I started thinking about the idea I came up will at the park. M'lady should be protected, even if she is an egotistical being, her precious figure mustn't be tainted. At night, I will begin.
I ventured through the night with a small kitchen knife in hand. I've waited until the other maids and servants went home. Not even the workers here get to stay in M'lady's private home. But again, I'm the only one who can. What is M'lady trying to pull here. She must be planning something. Something in secret. Something about me. But why? Why me exactly? M'lady is fast asleep in her queen size bed. The more that you look at it... it seems like a king size bed. M'lady's beauty can not be shadowed by the darkness. The light from outside passing through the window shined down on her face. This beauty is too much. It must be savor. It must not live. I have nothing against M'lady. I love her. I always have to resist myself when looking at her. That's the problem. People are after her... after her beauty. Women get jealous of her. Jealous enough to get rid of her. Men lust for her. Wanting to have her by any means necessary. I want to protect M'lady. I walk towards her sleeping body and stared down at her beauty. M'lady... your beauty is too great... too much for humanity to handle... but indeed... even the most beautiful, majestic, of souls... eventually die. As my last word left my lips, the knife gave her the meaning. I closed my eyes as I did it. I knew my target was the heart. I opened my eyes motionlessly, only to see M'lady's eyes staring into my soul. But her face wasn't in shock. She was not terrified. Her face was calm. She had no fear. A smile replace the frighten look. I didn't know why she was smiling. Even knowing about her inevitable death, M'lady smiles. This smile... That's all I was thinking about at her funeral. I look around, noticing familiar faces. The people from town, the people that adore her. Men and women who were enchant by her. Sobbing at her death bed, but it felt wrong. They all seem fake. Behind their tears was the unmistakable signs of joy, even in the tears of men. M'lady. I finally understand why you smiled at me before you died. I finally understand why you were being self-centered about yourself and no one else but me. I finally understand why you were being fake to these people. Because these people were fake to you. They never cared about your existent. They only cared about your beauty. But it wasn't the positive caring... no... it was the negative. They hated you. Even the men did. But why the men? I figured that the men must hated you for not excepting their love. M'lady was not only beautiful, but she was also smart and strong. She knew what type of people they were, and she just played along. But the big question was... why me? She smiled at me, because she knew that I was the only one who saw right through her. I was the only one she chose, to end her, because of that. Praise to you M'lady. May your death bring a plague on this town, M'lady.

© 2017 Author Z


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on November 26, 2017
Last Updated on November 30, 2017
Tags: Horror, Suspense

Author

Author Z
Author Z

Writing
You're... You're...

A Story by Author Z


Dream Dream

A Story by Author Z


Broken Broken

A Story by Author Z