Rant

Rant

A Poem by underthemask

I’m trying to force the words to come to my mind that may make my soul feel lighter.  The words that will express the feelings that I can’t bare to show.  The words I can write down and let them go in a world where people might read them and maybe they won’t. But at least I would get them out.  I’m trying to twist and bend my feelings into words to explain the chaos inside my mind.  This is a task I am unable to do.  I don’t know how to put these feelings into words and when I force them it never comes out right.  It doesn’t come from my soul it comes from my mind and nothing in me feels better.  So why when I feel I need the relief I get from writing more then ever am I not able to find the words? Why when my soul is crumbling and the temptation of my own personal demon is at its worst am I not able to write a line that will release some of this pain.  I think it’s that I’m scared.  Subconsciously I am afraid that if I let one line out to relieve the pressure that’s getting ready to blow that I will completely fall apart and down on the floor and that maybe just maybe this time I won’t get up.  I’ll dig deeper and deeper numbing out on the way until I become a girl I do not know.  But I know if I don’t get it out I am going there any way.  My heart is already shattered and my soul is going black.  I look into the dead eyes of the one who used to always have my back.  His heart is still beating and his skin is still warm but the person that I know is gone from his body and left him with out a soul and the deeper that he digs the farther down I am dragged because I don’t know how to let him go.  Out of fear, out of love, out stupidity maybe I’m not sure.  So I seek the relief of a demon but that’s only short lived so I turn to a blank page instead but the words won’t fill the page as my mind continues to race driving me insane! So please some one tell me how it is I feel.  Some one tells me what its like to feel real for just a moment so that I can believe that this too shall pass again for me.  That this hole that I’ve jumped into is the end of the road if I choose to pick myself up and do what I know to do. Its one day at a time.  Today I am clean. I have stains on my skin and holes in my heart but just for today my blood is pure and at least I have a chance.  As for him, I fear the devils got his skin.

© 2015 underthemask


Author's Note

underthemask
Its just a rant.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

go find a mirror,stand in front of it.look at yourself, there are many people that see you as beautiful,smile,now close your eyes...after you read this of course :) and think of all the wonderful things you loved as a child,someone else loves them too. someone out there right now is looking for someone just like you. they may be a little damaged, but aren't we all.as for writing you start out with a scream
black death on the page, swear write about tears and blood, it may all be crap but after a while the right words will come. then you edit.

Posted 8 Years Ago


underthemask

8 Years Ago

Thank you. I needed that.
terry smith

8 Years Ago

Anytime:) .

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 28, 2015
Last Updated on October 28, 2015

Author

underthemask
underthemask

laplata, MD



About
Just another face in the crowd that no one would notice. However thats just my mask. The part of me I show to the world. No one would suspect I used to smoke crack or shoot heroin, that I would spend .. more..

Writing
broken broken

A Poem by underthemask


shadows shadows

A Poem by underthemask