He Will Be Mine

He Will Be Mine

A Story by Ella
"

Little bit of romance, with a huge hint of revenge

"

“I can’t believe I’m front row at a Killers concert!” exclaimed Riley through shivery teeth in the frosty stadium air. With a quick goodbye to her mum she put her phone away. As the curtain rose the sound of thousands of fangirls high-pitched protests of loved filled the stadium, Riley scanned the stage immediately spotting Anastasia. She gave her a thumbs up and the world's biggest smile. From there most of the night was a blur of jumping and singing her heart out. The only break her exhausted feet and sore throat got was costume changes, but Riley didn’t mind, she was having the time of her life.


Backstage they could hear the crowd chanting “Encore, Encore, Encore” continually as if they’d mistakenly joined a cult. Nigel coms to a sliding halt centimetres from my face, almost dropping his clipboard in the process. “Brandon” Nigel utters breathlessly, “Don’t forget” “ to ask the weird backup dancer to sing with me, I know, I know, we’ve gone through this a thousand times” huffs Brandon. Another stage hand rushes up to us “10 seconds!!!” she screeches. I give myself one last look over in the mirror before lining up to get on stage.


The curtains come up and the crowd goes wild. I wait a moment until they’re quiet, once they’re all quiet. I ask “ who hear knows all the words to our new single ‘ Kiss me’ “ , thy all cheer in unison but one girl with the most beautiful red hair i’ve ever seen catches my eye. To be totally honest I haven’t been able to take my eyes off her the entire concert. “You” I point to her, the look on her face is priceless, it's a mix of shock, amazement and she’s definitely star-struck. She points to herself, eyes as big as saucers.


“Yes you, come up here” I chuckle. The security guards shoot me a skeptical look and help her over the barrier and up onto the stage. Once she makes her way to me I look into her big green eyes and stutter out “What’s your name?” “Riley” she replies beaming, “well Riley would you like to sing with me?”. She doesn’t even hesitate “omg! Yes! I love you, I mean your music!” she blushes and giggles, pushing a curl that had fallen onto her face off.


We’re almost at the end of the song and my heart is pounding a billion times a minute. As I glance back at Anastasia beaming, she doesn’t look too happy, she’s probably just tired though. We sing the last line together and I swear I could die absolutely satisfied with just the look he gives me. “So kiss me…”. He leans in and whispers “can I kiss you?” and I must look like a goldfish with my bright red hair and mouth gaping open. I then, doing what I never thought I’d do, I nod and lean in towards him. I forget that I’m on stage with a whole stadium watching, all I can think about is how good his lips taste.


After the concert Mum asks a thousand questions about the night and who Brandon is, I tell her all about the kiss. I sleep the entire way home in the car. Once we get home I head straight to bed and fall asleep instantly.


As i sit up, last nights events come rushing back into my memory. As a bashful smile creeps across my face as I think of the perfect kiss I shared with Brandon last night.


I look over to my phone and see thousands of texts from people in my grade that I haven’t ever spoken to. Texts like ‘Is this you!?”, “How long have you two been together?!” and “Are the rumours true?!”, I’m confused until I open up the texts and see screenshots of news sites.  At first, my smile widens and then I read the headline “Who is the girl Brandon Flowers is seemingly in love with?”. Underneath the headline is a photo of us passionately kissing on stage. I realise how crazy last night was and that Anastasia is probably upset at me for kissing her “one true love” as she calls him. I’ll get some breakfast and then I’ll walk over to her house and apologise.


I’m shook out of my trance of looking at all the news articles on me and Brandon by the sound of the doorbell, I shrug on my dressing gown and head downstairs to get the door, as I open the door there is a box waiting on the front step. I turn and look at mum quizzically and she just shrugs. As I approach the box I see it is labeled to me in a red marker with a broken heart drawn next it. I bring it inside and set it down upon the kitchen bench, it's my favourite book torn up, my glee box set snapped in half and a necklace my dad gave me for Christmas knotted into an oblivion. There's a note on top that reads “You broke my heart, so I broke your things - A”. I’m in shock, how could Anastasia do this to me?


10 minutes later the doorbell rings, I open the door but no one is there just an envelope addressed to me in red marker with a broken heart next to it . I take it inside and open it, the letter reads “you put me through hell so now I’m going to make your life living hell - A”, I show mum and she’s really concerned, she thinks we should call the police.


Before we get to that the doorbell rings again, it's another box addressed to me with a red marker and broken heart. Inside is a bear, but… it’s head is ripped off and there’s, blood? Dripping from the severed neck of the bear. There’s a note lodged in the blood, it says a single word. “YOU - A”. I haul the box inside and show it to mum, she is becoming increasingly concerned with the more time that passes. She decides to call the local police and discuss what’s going on. The doorbell rings. I go to get it, as I open the door I discover nothing's there. I turn back to see mum’s confused expression quickly shift to one of sheer terror. It feels as though everything is in slow motion, mum breaks into a run towards me. As I turn back to see what's behind me, I feel someone punch me really hard in the back. I’m winded. That’s when I see it. A long shiny silver knife diving its way into my back. My eyes go blurry and I can hear mum screaming. I fall onto my knees and hear a familiar voice behind me cackle saying “ you stabbed me in the back … I’m just returning the favour”. My ears start to ring and my whole body feels like a lead weight. I think I might just close my eyes for a second...

© 2018 Ella


Author's Note

Ella
Tell me what you think? Brutally honest please !! It's for an assignment that has to be based on the themes of Macbeth ie, revenge

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on September 5, 2018
Last Updated on September 5, 2018
Tags: Revenge, Romance, Murder, Betrayal

Author

Ella
Ella

Sydney, Australia



About
Im 16 and just posting my school pieces for fun :) more..