Lunar Peak

Lunar Peak

A Poem by Dante Hieroden
"

A young woman and choices she has made to stand alone or with a dragon known as Lord Moon.

"

At the peak of the mountain top, alone stood a young woman.

Her fingers blue, her feet bare and her hair a twirl.

Waves crashed and the wind howled but there she stood, her tears flying free.

Coalescing with the rising vapors of the ancient days gone by.

In the inked pennings of her youth, she sighed and breathed in the coming days.

Change was on the thread of her needle eye, sewing new designs.

She was not suppose to have journeyed where the shadows lie.

So now as the dawn creeps upon the mountain, she sets aside the waistcoat.

Blaming no one but her weakness for what pain she was suffered.

This in and out of the road she had been on ceased the moment she saw the dragon.

White as ice and his promise just as pure. The moon was his realm where he resides.

His powers though was all around and he was the reason for the new preface found.

She knew him well days past but only as a small glimpse with her young eyes.

His silver ethereal gaze had held her as a child. When she’d strayed he was still there.

Watching always even as she stood alone in the dark places, completely exposed.

When the rivers ran too cold she sought the only fire that could quench her icy fingers.

It was this fire that continued to renew her and with it she found the mountain less scary.

For above her, she watched his smile and felt his pooling grace lighting down upon her.

© 2013 Dante Hieroden


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on January 5, 2013
Last Updated on January 5, 2013

Author

Dante Hieroden
Dante Hieroden

Murrieta, CA



About
Dante Hieroden is 26 years old. He is a council member (host alter) in a D.I.D. system called the The Valerian Legion. He is a punk at heart. He is passionate about writing poetry. He finds talking ab.. more..

Writing