Paralyzed

Paralyzed

A Poem by Vanessa Lugo

love... teases you to believe you are worth more than you are. it gives you a quick taste of excitement, compassion, commitment. when everything has finally settled, when you are so used to that significant person being there..  it gets yanked  from under you.  Sometimes I deeply feel like I could have done more to be someone worth loving. I’ll be sitting with my mom, laughing... living, and suddenly my face will go emotionless. Every memory I didn't think I would remember, these rare feelings, they all flash back into me all at once. I feel myself falling out of my chair and sinking into the floor into this vacant black hole where i’m asleep and I just want to stay there for a few years. I know that I won’t always be able to do this.. sulk in my sorrow, feel sorry for myself. I don't know when something is going to jump at me and shove me to a better direction. I shouldn't have to be shoved, but I am paralyzed.

© 2014 Vanessa Lugo


Author's Note

Vanessa Lugo
a messy first draft of something I started a long time ago and got to finish

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I didnt find it very poetic.
Although i think allot of people can relate to it.
Im sorry that you feel this way that you have gotten your heart broken.
Love doesn't always suck depends who your with.
You just have to find the right guy for you hes out there somewhere i bet :)
Keep your head held high things wont always be so bad you will pull through :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Vanessa Lugo

10 Years Ago

yeah I guess I put it in the wrong area, more of a journal piece I do agree!
Thank you for you.. read more
cimmy wuv xxxooo

10 Years Ago

yer i would say so as well glad you agree, Although its not a poem thats not a bad thing sometimes i.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Added on August 5, 2013
Last Updated on December 9, 2014
Tags: #love #emotion #