Humans are animals

Humans are animals

A Story by vincentbals
"

My opinion on a particular subject.

"

I personally think that all humans resemble animals. It’s not that we are 100 percent animal, but a small part in a human’s body and personality is the same as with animals. There are a few explanations for this.

Everyone knows that humans originate from anthropoid apes, who over the course of tens of thousands of years, gradually evolved into the human beings that we know today. Of course they weren’t as intelligent back then as we are nowadays, and they tended to use their instinct to survive. In addition to instinct, they needed to learn things, which their evolving brain allowed them do so. Those apes figured things out for themselves without any helping hand around them. The ability to learn things and care for yourself without a helping hand is still represented in our world. We can do this because of the apes, who allowed our brain to develop. Without the knowledge that they gained, for example making a fire, we wouldn’t have become what we are now: intelligent humans.

But not everything about the animal in us is positive. Aggression for example is something we need to control. Nowadays people seem to rely on their instinct, moreso than on their rationality. We, human beings, often don’t think about the consequences our deeds may have. If a person annoys someone, the situation might evolve into a brawl. That’s just what animals would do, fight for their victory. I’m sure that when people think before they act, a great part of the aggression would be solved. We don’t need to act like animals to get what we want. We’ve got a mouth to talk, a brain to think and limbs to add an extra touch to our explanation.

The fact that most humans eat meat also contributes to my opinion. Some animals need to kill other animals in order to survive. If they don’t, they’ll eventually die and their race will become extinct. And when they go on a mission to kill, they don’t think about the consequences of the victim. They see them as a lovely dinner, and that is just how humans act. They go to the supermarket and buy some meat, but we don’t think about what has happened to the cow, for example. We see it as a normal fact that has always been here. We kill in order to have a good, nutritious meal, and when we do so, we seem to forget that there are other ways to have a healthy dinner. But in the end, we just rely on what has always been here: tradition.

© 2010 vincentbals


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This makes a lot of sense. Liked reading it

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
1 Review
Added on August 9, 2010
Last Updated on August 9, 2010

Author

vincentbals
vincentbals

Antwerp, Belgium



About
I grab every opportunity, life is my sincerity, and my sincerity is bliss. Maybe you’ll have to get to know me first before you can understand who I am, what I write and what I do. Let’.. more..

Writing
1/365 1/365

A Poem by vincentbals


Spirits Spirits

A Poem by vincentbals