Your Love is like Entangled Headphones

Your Love is like Entangled Headphones

A Poem by Ronnie
"

Inspired by a piece by street artist Morley

"
What's this? I pull the headphones from my pocket to discover it's happened again no matter how carefully I fold them.

And I continue to think if I just shake, shake, shake them like that Outkast song I'd shake your shoulders and life would go back to the way they were before we were trapped.

I hear you loudly in my ear then I know it's time to turn the volume down. The harping, the judgment, the harsh consonant sounds of a Metallica meets Gwar song on acid in my brain.

I take out one headphone at a time and can hear the truth of the matter that the song I hear is not the song you sing. It's me and Sara Bareilles. It's you and Kanye West. Selfless optimist vs. Egomaniac.

Selfish takes over the lead vocals.
Independence are the background vocals. I want Melissa Ethridge lyrics to the rhythm of my own Salt 'n Peppa.

I want us to dance to the Celine Dion Titanic song yet I didn't want that song then and I don't want it now.

Play me the Bob Marley that is positive and holds the world in an embrace. Play me that tune that could steal my soul and take me back to a Tom Petty home song.

Unravel these headphones that have hope for an Alicia Keys love song. My ears seek the music like my heart seeks the love.

© 2015 Ronnie


Author's Note

Ronnie
This is a draft which may need some work. Suggestions welcome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on August 29, 2015
Last Updated on August 29, 2015
Tags: Music, Morley, street art, love

Author

Ronnie
Ronnie

Santa Monica, CA



Writing