Casting A Spell

Casting A Spell

A Story by Vela June (or aira isane)
"

She didn't mean to stand out to the point of being hated. She wasn't supposed to be there in the first place. But she is and she makes it her goal to tell them the truth about her.

"

ONCE upon a time, a ball was held to find great beings for the Lord of the Sky. The lord was an old man, who lived in the clouds by himself, all day and every day. Out of sheer loneliness, he arranged a masquerade to find himself a wife, a child and a maid.

With the use of the masks, no one would be able to know who is who and even though the magical community is a big one, he did not want any of them to find out who he had invited. To make sure that no one knew, the lord made a rule. No one is allowed to say their names.

To find his wife to be, the Lord did not realize that the masks would hinder him from knowing who he would like to wed. Despite the new found struggle, the lord lets the ball commence.

One girl walked in with a full face mask. No one could see neither her cheeks nor her chin, but the mask and the hint of her white skin showing made everyone believe the beauty that must be underneath the mask.

Another girl stepped inside with a mask that only showed her red plumped lips. So, in spite of her raggedy clothes, many others believed she is a beauty to be hold.

The last girl to attend made the most commotion out of all. She, not even a hint, had a mask on. Her face gleamed at the sun’s ray, her skin sparkling. She showed off her smile and because she had done so, many people believed her beauty is only skin deep.

In fear of what people may say, the lord immediately called the girl forth. Though the ball had only begun, the position for maid was already given to the girl who showed her face.

© 2011 Vela June (or aira isane)


Author's Note

Vela June (or aira isane)
author's note: It's my attempt on a twist on fairytales. It was first posted at: http://allaroundbelle.tumblr.com This is just the prologue. The rest of the story can be found in that website.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Nice experimental idea. I think it could be elaborated on a little bit though - clarify a little of the setting or break down parts. As a fairytale, I'm not sure if there is an intended moral - as some have. Because I think one could be made out of this - but as it stands it isn't really shown.

Perhaps you could even try to reword and block it as if to be spoken like a classic tale. Just an idea to throw in :) Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Nice experimental idea. I think it could be elaborated on a little bit though - clarify a little of the setting or break down parts. As a fairytale, I'm not sure if there is an intended moral - as some have. Because I think one could be made out of this - but as it stands it isn't really shown.

Perhaps you could even try to reword and block it as if to be spoken like a classic tale. Just an idea to throw in :) Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Added on August 16, 2011
Last Updated on August 16, 2011

Author

Vela June (or aira isane)
Vela June (or aira isane)

Long Beach, CA



About
I’m currently a homebody, doing the things that I love which are drawing and writing. With the second chance of having free time, I’ve immersed myself in works I’ve put off for a whi.. more..

Writing