It

It

A Story by Venicia
"

It lies forgotten, waiting to be remembered.

"

Just a very short writing exercise.



What am I? What is the point of my existence? These are the questions I ask myself every single day of my useless life.

Once upon a time, I was cherished and loved by many. Now I just lie in my wooden cage, waiting for better days to come. For things to go back to the way they were. Waiting for the days when my once shiny skin is will be allowed to glisten in the sun again.

The ones that loved me so have long since left. I know they come back sometimes, but never do they spare me a single thought.

I am forgotten, left alone in the dark. Left to die. If only I could, but I am cursed with an endless life.

With every second that ticks by, I lose a little more hope, but still the questions burn in my mind.

What am I? What Is the point of my existence?

© 2013 Venicia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Review of It- Rather intriguing and I wanted to find out more about It, what It is and why the creature has been abandoned. I would definitely want to read more of this and I can tell from the short passage posted it is well written.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!

Stats

161 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 23, 2013
Last Updated on April 23, 2013
Tags: forgotten, it, remember

Author

Venicia
Venicia

Germany



About
Hi, I'm 26 and I've been writing off and on since my 10th birthday. I'm hoping to one day reach a point where I'm good enough to put my stories on a strangers bookshelf. While English is not my firs.. more..

Writing
The Virus The Virus

A Chapter by Venicia


The Animal Within The Animal Within

A Chapter by Venicia


Mortifera Mortifera

A Book by Venicia