The Message: Chapter One

The Message: Chapter One

A Story by veronicaskye.
"

This book is a romance. Based on real people, including myself. Some of it is not appropriate for younger readers. I hope you all enjoy (:

"

“Heard you’ve been talking to Tanner about me. When you get this message either call or text me. We clearly have a lot to talk about, even though we have never even talked before.”

This was the message I found on my phone when I got in the car after an appointment with my counselor. The message put a smile on my face. It was Griffen Hayze.

Griffen was the most gorgeous guy I’ve laid my eyes on. His look screamed out “country boy”. He wasn’t just a country boy. He was the hottest country boy in our small town. This boy caught my eye every time I seen him in town. His body so perfectly shaped, his hat always fit seamlessly along his dirty blonde hair. Griffen was the guy every eastern girl dreamed of. No country boy out this way was anything like Griffen Hayze. Griffen came here three years ago from Idaho. I never even thought about speaking to him. Every time I walked near him, my stomach would fill with butterflies. Everything about Griffen was flawless, besides one thing. That was his friendship with Tanner Williams.

Tanner was an eastern country boy. Nothing about Tanner was flawless. His shirts were always stained, his hands ruff with black oil from working in the garage all day. His hair always stuck straight up. He had the worst attitude anyone could possibly have. He was cockier than anyone around. His father owned the only garage in Dansville. He was a dropout and the guy most girls in this town go for. Stupidly, I was one of those girls.

Tanner and I have been dating for four years. He was my first boyfriend, the one I thought I was going to be with forever. But ever since Griffen moved here, my mind can’t seem to get off of him. I didn’t see Griffen much because I had a job and I didn’t live with Tanner. Tanner kept his friends far away from me. He wanted me all to himself.

I looked back at my phone.  I clicked “Reply”

“Griffen, I assume. No, I wasn’t REALLY talking about you. I mentioned to Tanner about how I passed you when I went to go get my hair done. He told me not to talk to you. He hates me talking to his friends. Please do not mention you texted me. Please.”

I pressed “Send”. My heart was racing, my hands got all sweaty and my stomach immediately filled with jitters. It wasn’t long before I heard a buzz coming from my pocket.

“Do you really think I would do that? Tanner just texted me and said he is going away on another “business trip”. Would you like to go have a nice dinner with me sometime? I’ve wanted to ask you that for a long time. I know Tanner is my best friend. But I can see that he is not happy with you. I don’t understand. You are a beautiful woman. I hear how he treats you. Paetyn, you need to come with me for yourself. I know we don’t really know each other. But, you deserve better than what that jerk is doing to you. I want to be that something better. If he doesn’t have feelings for you, he can give you to someone who lusts for you every day.”

My heart stopped for a second. I didn’t know how to answer. I wanted to go so bad. I can’t believe Griffen Hayze just said that to me. I can’t believe he wants me out of everyone else. “Tanner will never know” I said to myself. I grabbed my phone and sent him a message back.

“I would love to. He leaves tomorrow morning. Pick me up at noon time? We can do lunch then go back to your house to talk?”

He replied instantly.

“Noon time it is. Bring clothes. We are going to my vacation house. I’m making this a sleepover.”

Griffen Hayze is making me sleep over his house… the thought didn’t hit me for a few minutes. Me and Griffen? No, it’s impossible. This really couldn’t be happening. The man I was dreaming of every night, the man I so desperately lusted after wants me to stay at his vacation house with him. My mind was racing.

I drove back to my house. I opened the door. Tanner was in my living room drinking a beer and watching the fishing show. I walked right by him. No words were said. I went into my bedroom to put my stuff on my bed. Tanner walked in.

He said, “Babe, I’m going to Colorado on a business trip. Some guys at the garage are bringing me with them, again. I will be back in two weeks. Can you go to my house and feed the dog for me please?”

I rolled my eyes at him.

“A business trip Tanner? Another f*****g business trip? Why don’t you just tell me that you are going to meet another woman? Is it a woman more important than me? I know your cheating on me. You have been for the past year. I’m not even allowed to mention your friends to you without you getting all psychotic on me. Have fun on your business trip. I’ll ask your father to feed your dog. You are no longer my boyfriend. Please get out of my apartment.”

He gave me the nastiest look. “Paetyn, I’m not cheating on you. I honestly hate how you’re thinking that. I am seriously going on a business trip….”

“Get out of my apartment Tanner!” I yelled.

As he walked through the door, he slammed it. I sat on the couch. I dialed Griffen’s number. I was debating calling him for about twenty minutes.  Once I got the courage, I pressed “Call”.

“Hello?” he seemed confused.

“Griffen, it’s Paetyn. Can you come to my apartment please?”

“Paetyn, it’s ten O’clock at night.”

“Never mind…. I gue…”

He barely let me finish my sentence.

“I’m on my way Pae.”

As the words came out of his mouth, I felt a smile appear on my face. Once I realized what was happening, I jumped off the couch to pick up everything in my apartment. I set out candles, got dressed in the tightest little black skirt I had, did my hair, put on the sexiest smelling perfumed I owned and before I knew it I heard a knock on my door. I walked to the door and opened it.

“Hey.” He said.

“Come in.” I said with a smile.

“Wow, it looks so nice in here and it smells incredible.”

I saw his eyes gaze every inch of my apartment looking for a good spot to make his first move. When he was done examining it, his eyes came back to me.

“Pae, you look… sexy as hell.”

“Why, thankyou.” I said with a grin. “Should I pour us some drinks?”

“No, thank you. I am going to have to drive back home.”  He walked over to the couch and sat right down. “So, why did you call me over here?”

“Well, I really don’t know. Tanner. He just left. We got into a fight. I’m so sick of being treated like s**t. I’m done being somebodies second choi…..”

I watched him stand up, but before I could finish my sentence, I felt his hands on my face and his lips on mine. I didn’t know what to do so I continued kissing him. Still kissing me, he sat on the couch. I felt his lips leave mine. I kept my eyes closed for a minute. I opened them when I felt his hand touch mine.

He looked me in the eye and said, “You are my first choice. You always have been and always will be.”

           

© 2013 veronicaskye.


Author's Note

veronicaskye.
please let me know what you think of this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on March 4, 2013
Last Updated on March 4, 2013

Author