Drifting out of the river of time

Drifting out of the river of time

A Story by vetamotes

Time flows endlessly through out the ages like a winding river  its waters crashing and threshing against the rocks at some points  and flowing smoothly at others. But what happens when those waters spill off out of the current. Creating pools  of stagnant existence. Such places are often times unreachable. But what of those that are unfortunate to find their way into  them?  The few that return speak of true damnation, of eternally existing  where time seems to neither flow nor stop. A limbo of sorts where ones mind begins to play tricks on oneself. The body becomes distorted here, Flesh melts from bone and winds off into the distance  the red ribbons of ones body dancing in such macabre fashions that no sane man has ever beheld.  It is then that you truly see your insides. Your every action, every sin, every feeling of guilt pours forth in an unholy torrent in sheathing your conscious in waves of reflection . It is only in this seemingly endless depths that time does not advance nor stop entirely so you are made to watch what has already happened. Your own screams the only music to narrate the theatrics of your life.  Every sensation you’ve ever felt, Pain , pleasure ,  fear are all manifest here  and each will judge you of its own accord.  For ever a drift it feels  in the waters of ones own sanity neither sinking nor swimming. A hellish balance held only in your mind. The only escape spilling back into the river of time you can neither reach nor grasp.

© 2010 vetamotes


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on June 16, 2010
Last Updated on June 16, 2010

Author

vetamotes
vetamotes

Lima, OH



About
Let not the writer over shadow the pen. My story is my own I elect to share what I write with others. Feel free to comment on it more..

Writing
Tick Tock Tick Tock

A Story by vetamotes


Fear Fear

A Story by vetamotes