Forgotten

Forgotten

A Poem by A.M. Victoria (LostWritings)
"

Feeling forgotten, but would climbing up your cliff face erode us both?

"

Have you forgotten me?

Am I a sliver in the back of your mind that is preoccupied with life?

Am I the first grain sand that fell from your hourglass, buried by others?

Am I the rock you stepped on when you walked out the door, unpolished and unnoticed?

Am I an itch on your skin that you wish would just fade away?

If I did fade away, what would you make of it?

Would you be better off without me in your life?  In your mind?

Would you reach true happiness without my memory?

Was our meeting a burden for both of us?

Without me, would you prosper?

 

Because sometimes humans feel forgotten, one carbon construct in a sea of billions…

And that one person who is stored in our carbon construct brain seems to forget we even exist…

 

I just wanted to ask you, because I think I am beginning to forget you…

The way you look, the way you speak, and the way you moved something in my heart…

But as you once moved my heart, I am moving, too…

It’s called moving on…

I am forgetting the past, I am forgetting your memory…

I am straining to keep you with me…

I am trying to decide whether I should keep looking up at your cliff face…

Whether I should begin to climb, or whether my efforts would only erode us both…

As I cling on to the sheer hope that you will support what is left of me…

Or should I let you go?

© 2013 A.M. Victoria (LostWritings)


Author's Note

A.M. Victoria (LostWritings)
People seem to have a hard time walking away from people who don't give them what they deserve and people who they can't give what they deserve. Dedicated to them.

Do I put this under "story" or "poem?"
I don't feel like this is a poem. Or a story. Then again, I don't know too much about poetry.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh this is beautiful, reading a beautiful poem lets you know that there is a beautiful mind at work making beautiful things and it's all just beautiful - you know? I don't know if you remember me but I am just returning the love that you gave me- and by that I mean the review 0.0 you reviewed one of my pieces once before. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


A.M. Victoria (LostWritings)

10 Years Ago

Hey, I remember you! Well, I really appreciate this beautiful review! :)
Bianca

10 Years Ago

Your welcome! I look forward to continuing to do so!
I know that this poem is supposed to have a different meaning, but for me personally what I felt out of this poem, or what it reminded me of, is when I have to move away from good friends I've made. After a while, you can't keep in touch with them all and everyone kind of seems to slip away. You can't remember their voice, you can't remember some of the things you did... and it just fades as you make new friends. Your poem made me feel this, so great job, because you got an emotion out of me, and that's not incredibly easy to do.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A.M. Victoria (LostWritings)

10 Years Ago

That's a good way to think about it, too. Perhaps you're closer to the real meaning than you think... read more
It's a free-form poem to answer you. Free-form has rhythm, but doesn't always rhyme :)
As for this one, I liked it a lot. It made me think of a few people like that.
Good job =]

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A.M. Victoria (LostWritings)

10 Years Ago

Thanks! Now I will know for the future. :)
I loved poem. It was really good and I felt like I could connect. :-)

Posted 10 Years Ago


A.M. Victoria (LostWritings)

10 Years Ago

Thank you! I'm glad you could connect. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 24, 2013
Last Updated on December 24, 2013
Tags: forgotten, missing, memory, clinging, sadness, cliffs, climbing, doubt, unsure

Author

A.M. Victoria (LostWritings)
A.M. Victoria (LostWritings)

About
Once, when I was 12, I wrote a 365 page book. Then, it corrupted. So I rewrote it, and now it's even better than before. Some of my interests are archery, fencing, and the Civil Air Patrol. I als.. more..

Writing