Food for thought

Food for thought

A Poem by Jhean
"

My thinking as I wrestle with the existence of God. Please comment and tell me what you think of my position, my thinking, whatever. I would appreciate only respectable comments though.

"
"A being that only exists, by the belief that He is true. Without such faith, God would be deemed non-existent." I thought this and pondered on it for some time, struggling with the thought of God - a being that my principles have been centered around and have grown up to believe in - not being real.
Then I began to think of a world where God was a concept never to be conceived. A world where the idea of God, or any god, had never existed. I tried to imagine how He would exist in such a place. Resulting at the end of this thinking process, was a conclusion proving the existence of God.
"He would be existent inevitably through the nature of what the label of God represents: love, forgiveness, mercy, grace, faithfulness etc. Through such acts, lives God (the master scientist of the universe), whether He has been labeled as such or not." This thought further proved the idea of God's infinite existence. Having always been, is now, and always will be. 

© 2013 Jhean


Author's Note

Jhean
Ignore any minor punctuation or grammar errors.

Fairly brief description of my thoughts, I've taken into account other ideas and scenarios, but I wish to discuss them as they are mentioned in the comment section.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on May 23, 2013
Last Updated on May 23, 2013
Tags: philosophy, religious

Author

Jhean
Jhean

McDonough, GA



About
I don't really consider myself a writer. However, I do love writing, and I typically write about my religion (Christianity) because it inspires me. I also like to write about human nature, but am real.. more..

Writing
My God My God

A Poem by Jhean


Good Good

A Poem by Jhean