It happens to the best of us!

It happens to the best of us!

A Story by Vincent Esprit FMI

 

Whoever planted in our brains that we could not have succeeded thought they had won the battle. What is so surprising and sometimes make us angry is that we believed it. Yes for a time we believed it. Yes …looking back we ask ourselves this question. How could that have happened to me? We still cannot believe it; but it did. We saw what they saw; we ate what they ate; we heard what they heard; we ever interpreted and and reasoned as they did. I do not believe it. How could I have allowed this to happen to me? I am not stupid. I am an educated person. I think it is true to say I was lost and in deep ’s**t.” No wonder the abuse! But today, I am found. Oh yes Lord! I found myself in you. You found me and gave me that opportunity, a purpose..way beyound my wildest dreams. It is a slow process but I know from deep within my ‘guts’ that every inch of progress I make is met with metres and kilometres of depth. So today, I rise from my slumber. I can still breathe! Thank God and so “I sing because I ‘m happy, I sing because I’m free, He’s eyes are on the sparrow….and I know he cares for you and me.” May God’s blessings descend on all of us as we continue our path of liberation here on this blessed earth!

© 2010 Vincent Esprit FMI


Author's Note

Vincent Esprit FMI
.....it happens to the best of us....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is very deep…
Touching…
Happy to read a page from your soul..
Liked the originality of your thoughts..


Posted 13 Years Ago


Thank you for this wonderful reminder that we can rise from ANYTHING once we know and understand we have God on our side

Posted 13 Years Ago


Amen!
As above, so below, as within, so without.
You are a kind man, which is a good influence at the very least.
Thank you for your thoughtful and spiritual posts.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

414 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 3, 2010
Last Updated on June 3, 2010

Author

Vincent Esprit FMI
Vincent Esprit FMI

Quebec, Canada



About
I am a Catholic Priest. I do enjoy serving the Lord and the Church. I have always loved writing words of inspiration and thus I have recently published my first simple book entitled "100 Ways to Feel.. more..

Writing