Abrupt Beginnings

Abrupt Beginnings

A Story by The Mocking Spirit

The blinds are of a warm yellow shade, blending into the general yellowness of the room. Pictures adorn the walls and doors. Almost every empty space on the right side of the room was taken by those pictures of smiling faces, of silly antics, of puzzled expressions and of those random and candid moments.

The dressing table placed against the yellow wall was filled up. Shampoos collected from an assortment of hotels. Pretty colored soaps packed in inviting wraps. Numerous hair products aligned at right angles to each other. Estee Lauder and Vanderbilt perfumes gathered dust on the top shelf.

The laptop was open. The blue screen of death lit up the screen. The speakers gave out a slight buzz, indicating they were turned on. The sheets of the bed were ruffled, pillows strewn. She lay there helpless, struggling to breathe. Her legs were apart, blood trickled down her thighs. Tears streamed down her eyes. She lay there, violated, unable to move.

© 2010 The Mocking Spirit


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on April 13, 2010
Last Updated on April 13, 2010

Author

The Mocking Spirit
The Mocking Spirit

Chennai , Tamil Nadu , India



About
I am an irregular enthusiast, studying in a regular college keeping up with friends and studies and the ever growing list of “in” things. Swearing by the freedom of speech and expressi.. more..

Writing