are you clear??

are you clear??

A Story by vivekanand

this is a short story written by my little brother cibe chakravarthy which i stumbled upon very accidentally.. he is towards the end of his engineering course the aftermath of which he announced he would spend as a writer traveling the world , a news everyone in our family received with the biggest silence in recent times..so stealthily , i put his work before this stage i so respect ..







I realized later in that grim evening that I was not alone by the side of that pool which by now had remained to be stagnant for six months with the polythene wrappers and thermocole pieces pretending to be islets, forming a belt of archipelago across the banks of the pond, which was not frequented by any swimmers nor do the house maids coming with their water pots for their house hold uses.

                             I preferred this solitude to my lover for she was an incorrigible insect screaming after wantonly falling prey to the spiders of her neighborhood. I felt I shared a similarity with the pond as I stood there watching its ecosystem at the verge of its doom. Fishes had not survived these waters. Some of the large fishes were seen making their debut shows on the surface of the water. They had to be the last of immunopotent creatures of the ecosystem. They rest now falling while fighting death. The Abandoned pond sprayed pungent odor around its ambiance.

  We were sipping the single cup of solitude on that grim evening.

It was my father who approached first there at the bank. he struggled to get near me. He was trying to have a glimpse of my face, which I had gazing the deep waters of the pond. He feared the thorns on the bank where I stood.

"Are you clear?" - It was my dad.

I nodded yes.

He did not leave with the same pace he arrived there. Soon I found that that was my mother accompanying my dad. She might have thought that I devoided her care.

                             My brother turned up later. He stood beside me. He caressed me, petted my hair and disappeared with a smile. I presumed he was happy with my transition.

                           Time had passed and I realized that there was some one behind the bushes. My friend had been stalking me for a while. He showed up, stood beside me. I could see his tears rolling down his cheeks. He had tried his level best to get himself to down to my level of grimness. He assumed that I was in a terrible situation.

                             I did not bother his futile play staged before me. He did not have the care to take care of me but he wanted to act as one. May be , he was just deeply longing for a worthy status message on his face book account or he wanted to write a testimonial about me saying that I was the most caring lovable sweet rascal he had ever had.

                              He threw a stone into the pond. He thought i liked it. He was wrong again for the thousandth time. Through all these times of grim, I had rolled my eyes nowhere other than the pond. I was gazing at something so obstinate to reveal itself from the depths of the pond.

                              Those raising waves and its wavelets hindered my vision . Not only my vision but also the mind were entangled in the webs of the waves formed on the surface of the pond. I was paralyzed, I felt it. But he was not giving back still. Then she staged her blissful visit. The thorns did not tear open her feather foot as she gently glided past over them. I saw her having precautioned her visit with her high heeled slippers.

                              "Are you clear?"

  <span> </span>      "Are you fine”                      -It was her.

 

                             I did not reply her, for i thought that she had not traveled these roads to analyze my answers. I had got her as my lover. Then she jumped into the pool, which no sane life would try to take a chance. I jumped to follow her accusing myself for having thought ill about her.

                             When I rose to the stinky surface, covered with the weeds proliferated in the algal blooms, I found that she had thrown a stone bigger than that thrown by my stalking friend before.

By that time, I had taken gallons of that murky water, for I could feel that I was dying. My eye balls made their grateful doomsday report that it was my lover and my friend bidding farewell to me, with tears.

 

                        As I opened my mouth in awe, the waters made for my stomach to quench its thirst. It was a relieving moment. 

© 2011 vivekanand


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on January 4, 2011
Last Updated on January 4, 2011

Author

vivekanand
vivekanand

chennai, tamilnadu, India



About
trying to find out seriously what i am.. i trained in medicine.. neither had the expertise, confidence nor the desire to move on as a doctor.. preparing for civil services more..

Writing
trust trust

A Story by vivekanand