the illusion of waiting for the future to be happy

the illusion of waiting for the future to be happy

A Story by heath
"

why the f**k not?

"

'do you ever feel like there’s something missing in your life? It feels like you’re always waiting for something to arrive. you want the future to come, because it’s better there.

but that’s all wrong.

the future is an illusion. It’s just a concept in your head. this is what I’ve realized in the past few months.' - 


for me, when i think to the future it's just happiness, obviously not constant happiness because face it, no one can be that happy all the time, but you know, being content with everything. right now, what i call my present, all i see is never ending sadness, which sucks because, well, sadness?! 

what i need to realize is that, there is no such thing as the present, or future. what we call our 'present' will be become our past instantly; you reading that sentence is now in the past, proof that there is no such thing as the present, it's just an illusion. the future is constantly happening; every word you're just about to read is in the future. so, the illusion of 'happiness in the future', the future is now. the next second is the future, happiness could happen in the next second, who knows? 

each day i think 'ugh, i can't wait until the future, when i'm able to do the things i want to do'. but then, each day i remind myself that the future is now, why can't i do those things now? obviously, if you're thinking this at midnight, you don't really want to be getting out of bed and going rock climbing or something radical like that, but, you get my point. do exciting things, whether it's spontaneously, or planned for the next day or even a month away, do it! because why the f**k not?

you moan about not doing all these exciting things then when people invite you to do things, you say no? why? even if you don't particularly like that thing, do it anyway, do it for the memories, because why the f**k not? 

let life live you

you can’t control life

I seem to plan everything that i want to do, day to day, which isn't very good, i need to be more spontaneous i guess.

If i do make plans i need to not suffer if they don't happen. I might be unhappy, but I need to do my best to stay here and now when they arise.

honestly, i have got much better at thinking positive like this. if someone told me that i would be this person a few years ago, i'd tell them to go do one. I’m getting to the point where I love what i'm doing, even if it's nothing.

i hope this post helped people realize that this is the future you're living in right now, even if it's a little s****y, the future is a huge thing, it ranges from 1 second - infinity, so, it's not gonna be s****y forever :)

© 2015 heath


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Gud work.. Revealed the truth about future..the question you answered for the minds was great..

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

well written head off.
for me the ending got a little predictable right at the middle of your composition.
otherwise you expressed an idea of future is now, great piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 4, 2015
Last Updated on April 4, 2015
Tags: positive, happy, future

Author

heath
heath

Chesterfield, Derbyshire, United Kingdom



About
my name is heather and i rant a lot and the majority, well all, of these posts will be me ranting. check out my blog though, that's pretty rad more..