Telling the Truth Finally

Telling the Truth Finally

A Stage Play by Bobby Gustavo
"

Notes for a play based on ongoing interviews with invited artists based on their personal experiences of dysfunctional relationships. Open to submissions as well for solo performance narratives

"
,

D is for

Dysfunctional = He is obsessed with violent porn featuring very young looking women - especially young Japanese women, constantly buying illegal porn in shops in Soho, worked for a dvd company producing porn, and uses the internet. He collects cuddly toys and displays them in his bedroom. Quote from him “I would be a serial rapist if I didn’t have sex” He has continual rape fantasies. He designed cd covers with nazi insignia on it. His basic hatred of women and his obsession with Genet and Mishima is telling.
Deceptive = On the surface he is socially charming, buying drinks for people, doing them small favours. In private, he moans and gossips about everyone, revealing their secrets. He stalks women online and is deeply jealous of the success of other artists. He creates many online personas, trolling people, and votes their videos down etc. He is unfaithful - “like father like son”.
Disinformation = Joe = Banks = He claims to have superior knowledge of perception, psychology etc. He makes grandiose claims about influencing significant political issues through making You Tube videos about protests. He seems to have a ‘god’ complex and claims he has had concerts cancelled because of the secret tactics he used. He thinks the police / racists are investigating him, and yet condones his own racist remarks and the racist remarks of his family and friends. He thinks his creativity is superior and makes grandiose claims of being the first in creating unique sound projects etc. Classic psychosis?
Destructive = He is a hypocrite and a gossip, telling lies about all his exes to friends and blaming them for his failures. He has a volatile temper, is threatening and a bully. He stuck a knife into her fridge door, threw glasses, overturned furniture, and broke doors and has tried to physically attack artists.  An ex’s car was vandalised and she received harassment calls in the middle of the night. His ego is enormous - he thinks he is a genius and claims to have exclusive ownership over ideas (sometimes knowingly false ). He pursues other artists online, creating false accounts, votes down their videos and sends them threatening emails, cc’d to all their colleagues. He justifies his own aggressive confrontations continually through his feelings of always being right.
Disgraceful = He does not respect the enormous favours people do for him.  He lies about the support he received for the transfer of his fellowship (which saved his fellowship, his career and his book) to a new University when he created havoc at his previous one. He then sent nasty emails to the friends of the person who organised this for him. He plays psychological games, is self-absorbed and selfish. He writes to women trying to impress them by saying he lives in Russell Square and that his mother was a curator at the College of Surgeons. He spreads rumours about all his previous partners, blaming them for his failures and reveals private things that they confided in him.
Disgusting = He pretends to be poor when he actually has assets and shares worth millions. He has off-shore accounts and avoids paying tax. He takes public grants when he can afford to pay for his own research - his favourite quote from his father was “Never use your own money”. He makes sexist, creepy remarks (esp. about young women), and then becomes defensive on being challenged. Claims to “love” his mother deeply ( she keeps her underwear in a drawer next to his bed and buys his curtains and clothes for him) and yet he says that he will put her in a care home rather than take care of her in the future…He never challenged the racist remarks his family and friends and claimed that it was the problem of mis-perception.
Dishonest = He lied about his serious fertility problems (he has azoospermia) - she sacrificed the possibility of having kids because of this lie. He professed to be anti-authority and provoked others to take action and yet was protected by his wealth and family - a classic upper middle-class spoilt brat? He claims to have studied psychology when in fact he dropped out as he was smoking too much dope and couldn’t cope. He knowingly used other peoples original research materials without credit.
Disease = He is a herpes carrier and lied about this - fortunately she protected herself after she discovered this. He is addicted to codeine.
Distress = He caused distress through making false accusations and misunderstandings. He has a volatile temper - possible manic depression?
Dystopia = He displayed threatening behaviour to her. He relentlessly and aggressively criticised other people’s behaviour (often behind their backs and yet was charming to their face). He was constantly paranoid.
Delusions = He said he heard voices when he walked down the street. He continually refused to repair anything that was broken and refused to get anything new, refused to throw away old herbs and spices that his mother had had in the flat for 20 years.
Dissolution =  Said his cousin G  (according to G’s mother) is autistic and complained about his family members - she felt that the things she knows about his family are worrying…G had tried to warn her about J but she didn’t heed the warnings…


“The only vice that cannot be forgiven is hypocrisy. The repentance of a hypocrite is itself hypocrisy.”
― William Hazlitt, Selected Essays, 1778-1830

© 2016 Bobby Gustavo


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on December 5, 2016
Last Updated on December 10, 2016
Tags: narrative, confessional, personal stories, play, script, human, personality

Author

Bobby Gustavo
Bobby Gustavo

Standish, ME



About
A Brazillian living in Maine, enjoying the cold weather to write stuff. more..

Writing