Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The struggle

The struggle

A Poem by Alexis

It's not even " tired " anymore, Just a literal constant pulling sensation stuck in my chest, like a punctured lung. I struggle so hard to breathe yet the air is like tar. I start to fade in and out of reality . Seconds turn to minutes, Minutes turn to hours, hours turn to days. And soon I wake up still struggling for air yet everything is blocked by the constant reminder of my numbness. I can't feel things you used to everything turns black and all that is left is the demon that hooked itself in my chest. It got comfy nestled next to my heart and started to spread. Loosened it's wings into my veins and pumped its venom through my dazed body. It devours my soul until it is nothing but an empty void. I am sinking, I have been submerged deep into the ocean. My tiny lungs deprived of precious air. Lost in nothingness.  I have tried searching for who I used to be, searching. Searching. :/error/: the girl you are looking for cannot be found:/:/. 

I finally realize I'm to far gone to be revived.

© 2017 Alexis


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed this piece ,and it kinda hit home with me, i am an insomniac and relate much to this piece, the thoughts buzzing through your head, the feeling of drowning. Thank you for the piece.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alexis

7 Years Ago

thank you for your feedback :) although im sorry that you can relate to the sadness its not a good .. read more
 grayscale

7 Years Ago

We all have our struggles sadly.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
1 Review
Added on January 13, 2017
Last Updated on January 13, 2017

Author

Alexis
Alexis

Writing
The Light The Light

A Poem by Alexis


The Box The Box

A Poem by Alexis