(Old) The Hunt 3: Pacific and Katsuro

(Old) The Hunt 3: Pacific and Katsuro

A Screenplay by waubbafet

EXT. BEACH/ CALIFORNIA/ NIGHT

A fish swims to the bottom of the ocean. A tear opens floating about half a foot above the seafloor. Fire spits out of it and it glows a hot blood orange. Many demons grab on the edges of the tear, climbing then swimming to the surface. A larva about the size of an iPhone with no mouth, claws for legs, and bat wings, Pacific, swims as fast as he can to the top. Most demons beat him to the top but he's determined. He makes it just in time to hear screams on the beach. The demons were doing there stuff, killing, take hostages, and the like. Pacific goes right thorough a surfboard like its nothing, a jumps into the man on the surf boards stomach. Theres a big light as he jumps in. Then the man blacks out and crashes into the ocean.

The man washes up on shore as a helicopter hovers over the beach. The demons get gunned down by men in suits. The people who are still alive start running. They get gunned down too. A baby starts crying as the helicopter flies away.

INT. HOSPITAL/ CALIFORNIA/ DAY

The man PACIFIC jumped in comes to. His eyes look glazed. A guy, about 17 or 18 sleeps in the chair next to him. PACIFIC'S hooked up to an IV and a heart rate monitor. The T.V's on the news.

NEWS ANCHOR

In recent news, last night California witnessed a horrify event. Shots fired last night at Huntington Beach.

They show a picture of the scene. There are people but no demons.

NEWS ANCHOR

(cont.)

Leave 20 people dead and 10 hospitalized. The local law enforcement refuses to comment on the scene.

(pause, happy tone of voice)

Now in pop news. This cat can't jump. Isn't that just adorable.

The T.V turns off.

BLAZE

Hate the news.

PACIFIC turns his head to face BLAZE. BLAZE sees him and smiles.

BLAZE

I'm glad you're awake. I didn't want things to end that way. I'm sorry, I was being a total idiot.

PACIFIC just stares at him.

BLAZE

You are awake, right.

He nods slightly.

BLAKE

Good.

PACIFIC

Good.

BLAZE smiles.

BLAZE

I should probably go get a nurse.

PACIFIC

Good.

BLAZE leaves. PACIFIC turns his head out the window. He stares at the pacific ocean.

PACIFIC

I don't know what to do. Please say something.

The NURSE and BLAZE walk in the room. She checks the heart rate monitor, its slowly dropping, and rights some stuff down on a clipboard. She takes BLAZE outside.

NURSE

You're very lucky.

BLAZE

Is he going to be okay?

NURSE

Him being awake right now is a miracle God must have pulled off himself. But he's still dieing and theres nothing we can do to stop it. You should say goodbye. We'll make it as painless as possible.

BLAZE

Fine.

BLAZE walks back in. PACIFIC still stares out the window.

PACIFIC

Hello

BLAZE

Hey dad.

PACIFIC

The water out there. What is it called?

BLAZE

The Pacific ocean.

PACIFIC

Good. I like that name.

BLAZE

Hey dad, they say you're like dieing or something.

PACIFIC

Oh.

BLAZE

Yeah, look, I know I'm not your favorite or whatever but can you do me a favor.

PACIFIC

Something to do?

BLAZE

Yeah, dieing, can you not do that? Just live for me okay.

PACIFIC

Okay.

PACIFIC (bug thing) jumps out of the surfer dudes body and into BLAZES. BLAZE jolts back and almost falls over. PACIFIC catches himself on the window. It looks like he's going to throw-up but doesn't. BLAZE opens his eyes. They're glazed over like his dads. PACIFIC walks out of the room. The heart rate monitor flat lines. The nurse and a few doctors run in with the electric save life jolt things (defibrillator), and put them on his chest.

DOCTOR

Clear.

It shocks the body, nothing happens.

EXT. ROAD GOING THROUGH THE DESERT/ NEVADA/ DAY

PACIFIC looks like he's starving. A truck drives past and sprays sand in his face. It stops a bit up the road. PACIFIC almost walks past it when a man with fox eyes, KATSURO, comes out of the truck.

KATSURO

Sorry

He starts sniffs PACIFIC like a dog. Its very strange.

KATSURO

You smell like hell. Literally. brimstone, metal. What are you?

PACIFIC shrugs. It looks like he's about to pass out.

KATSURO

Well whatever you are, your possessing a person. Have you eaten anything?

PACIFIC

Eat?

KATSURO

I'll take that as a no.

KATSURO goes back his track and pulls out a four water bottles.

KATSURO

Here drink.

KATSURO hands PACIFIC the water bottle. PACIFIC pours it all over his face.

KATSURO

Close.

KATSURO drinks some water to show him how.

KATSURO

Just make sure it gets in your mouth.

PACIFIC does what KATSURO does perfectly.

KATSURO

Good, Good. Now if you want to come with me, I can get you some food too.

PACIFIC

Want?

KATSURO

Like free will

PACIFIC stares at him confused.

KATSURO

Right how do I explain this.

(pause)

It's apart of the rights of living. You get to choice what you want to do with yourself. You're free with some limitations. Does this make any sense to you?

PACIFIC

No

KATSURO

Look do you want to die.

PACIFIC

I need to live.

KATSURO

Good

KATSURO opens the door to the passenger side of the truck.

KATSURO

(cont.)

Then lets get some food.

PACIFIC gets into the truck. KATSURO gets in the driver seat.

KATSURO

I think your going to like the city we're going to. Full of weird people.

KATSURO starts up the truck. They drive off.

INT. MONSERVO/ FAST FOOD PLACE/ NIGHT

PACIFIC stares at the burger. KATSURO takes the meat out of the bun and bites it. PACIFIC does the same.

KATSURO

You're supposed to eat the whole thing. I don't because I can only eat meat.

PACIFIC puts the meat down.

PACIFIC

This is food?

KATSURO

Sort of.

PACIFIC puts the burger back in the bun. He starts devouring it

KATSURO

Wow you're hungry. Slow down this is all I can afford.

PACIFIC

Afford?

KATSURO

Right, baby steps. You can stay with me as long as you like. I bought an apartment down the road a bit.

INT. LOBBY/ APARTMENT/ NIGHT

KATSURO and PACIFIC walk in. The LANDLORD waits for them in the back. He sees them come in.

LANDLORD

(first head)

KATSURO I presume?

KATSURO

Yes, sorry I'm a little later then I said I would be.

LANDLORD

(other head)

It's horrible how can you put me through that.

The FIRST HEAD glares at the second then turns to face a concerned KATSURO.

KATSURO

Really really sorry.

LANDLORD

(first head)

It's fine, not too much trouble.

The LANDLORD looks at PACIFIC.

LANDLORD

(Other head)

Oh, I thought you said a one room apartment?

KATSURO

Pacific, he's a friend. He needs a place to crash for a little bit. That's not extra money is it?

LANDLORD

(first head)

As long as he doesn't want his own room. It shouldn't be a problem as long as at least one of you are immune to fire, or immortal. Fire hazard.

KATSURO

I am. Immortal that is.

LANDLORD

(first head)

Right.

The LANDLORD grabs a key and small stack of papers from the back and waddles over to them. He puts the paper down on the desk and the key next to it.

LANDLORD

(First head)

I just need the you to sign these papers then you're set. Your rooms on the third floor, three twenty. Have a nice day. Take the stairs.

The LANDLORD waddles to the elevator and the door opens. He waddles inside and the door closes. Theres a bright flash of light and the door opens. He's gone.

KATSURO

See weird.

KATSURO reads the papers before signing. Signs the parts he has to then puts the pen down.

PACIFIC

What did you do?

KATSURO

Writing. We'll get to it.

They walk up stairs to there apartment, 320, KATSURO opens the door while PACIFIC looks on confused.

INT. APARTMENT 320/ CONTINUOUS

This apartment is nicely furnished T.V, bed. There's even a fridge, and a counter. KATSURO walks in while PACIFIC stays outside.

KATSURO

Come on in. You can stay with me until you can live on your own.

PACIFIC walks in. Blue flames engulf KATSURO as he turns into a fox with two tails. He hops into the windowsill.

KATSURO

You can take the bed. I'll be fine here.

PACIFIC walks to the bed.

PACIFIC

Thank you.

KATSURO

No problem really.

KATSURO curls up into a ball and falls asleep. PACIFIC copy's him to the best of his ability. 

© 2015 waubbafet


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on April 11, 2014
Last Updated on August 14, 2015

Author

waubbafet
waubbafet

NC



About
Writer, muffin ... not much else really. Unless you count that hint of insanity. You know like basil in a boring tomato sauce. I'm obsessed with stories. more..

Writing
The Mythos The Mythos

A Story by waubbafet