(Old) The Hunt 5: Mona and Emma

(Old) The Hunt 5: Mona and Emma

A Screenplay by waubbafet

INT. OFFICE COMPLEX/ NYC/ NIGHT

EMMA, 15 years old, walks down the hall. She hears a gun shot and runs down the hall, and turns into a small hall. At the end is a door. She runs to the door, it's locked. The door reads 'BASS Private Investigator' in big black letters. She kicks the door down like a professional.

Sitting at the desk is a man with a black bag on his head, BASS. A man in a ski mask stands next to him with a gun pointed at the bag. BASS falls to his desk. The man in the ski mask notices EMMA, who has fallen to the floor in shock, and points the gun at her. She panics and puts her hands in the air.

SKI MASK GUY

Who are you?

EMMA

My names Emma Bass. He's my dad.

SKI MASK GUY

Right then. Sorry about this.

The SKI MASK GUY is about to shoot her in the face. EMMA cuts her finger with her ring. With her blood, she draws a circle with five smaller circles evenly spread out on the line of the larger circle. She gets the blood all over her hand and puts it in the middle of the larger circle. Symbols appear in the smaller circle.

INT. HOSPITAL/ ALSO NIGHT

A girl, about five or six named DAISY, lies on a hospital bed in hospital scrubs. Her heart rate isn't that strong. You can hear cars going by, and sirens outside. A light shines from an open window onto her lap. Right as her heart stops, a crow feather flies in from the window and stop midair. The noises stop. Everything tints blue excepted for DAISY. Time freezes for everything but DAISY as well. She looks out the window and sees a crow fly in the room. It's not frozen either. In a blast of dark black feathers, the crow turns into a woman with gray eyes, long black hair, and black cloak. Her name is MONA. She grabs the feather in midair.

MONA

Hello, my name is Mona. What's you name?

DAISY

(scared)

I'm not supposed to talk to strangers.

MONA

(annoyed)

Right of course. Look, kid, I'm very busy, and yes technically we can stay here forever but frankly I don't want too. I'm here to take you to hell, that's my job.

DAISY

Hell.

MONA

Hey not you fault. Your mommy made a deal with a demon.

DAISY starts crying. MONA puts her hand to her face. There's nothing on it.

MONA

Great, now your crying. He-

MONA suddenly disappears. Time starts again. DAISY heart starts again and she starts spazzing. The doctors run in.

INT. OFFICE COMPLEX/ NYC/ NIGHT

The SKI MASK GUY shots her. The office tints blue except for EMMA and the SKI MASK MAN. The bullet stops in midair. The SKI MASK MAN is decapitated by a scythe. The office turns back to in normal color and the bullet drops out of the air.

MONA

I was in the middle of something you know.

EMMA

I just wanted to summon a rat or something scary.

MONA puts her scythe up to EMMA'S neck.

MONA

Well you get half way there.

EMMA

Is there a way I can send you back or apologise or something?

MONA

No, you see. You don't get to get rid of me.

MONA pulls down her sleeve. That circle EMMA drew is on her arm.

MONA

You've summoned me and now I can't do my job anymore. So what do you need?

EMMA

What?

MONA

(upset)

You don't even know what you're doing do you?

MONA takes a deep breath.

EMMA

My dad was still teaching me.

MONA

Yeah well, he did a terrible job. Well, you summon a reaper, you get a reaper. So what do you want?

There's running down the hall.

EMMA

To gets out of here.

MONA

Fine

INT. NYC APARTMENT

In a blast of black feathers EMMA and MONA appear in the apartment.

EMMA

This is my house.

MONA

And...

EMMA

I didn't give you my address.

MONA

I'm death, I know everything.

EMMA

Thats kind of creepy.

EMMA walks to her coach and lies down on it.

MONA

Anything else you want?

EMMA

Can you just leave me alone for a while?

MONA

No, actually I can't. Your fault not mine.

EMMA

Please

MONA

Yes because please can always change the rules.

EMMA

Please

MONA

Fine you know what. You won't even know I'm here.

MONA sits down in a chair not too far away, and stares at a wall.

MONA

(grumbling)

Honestly why summon a reaper if you were not going to use her properly.

© 2015 waubbafet


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on May 29, 2014
Last Updated on August 14, 2015

Author

waubbafet
waubbafet

NC



About
Writer, muffin ... not much else really. Unless you count that hint of insanity. You know like basil in a boring tomato sauce. I'm obsessed with stories. more..

Writing
The Mythos The Mythos

A Story by waubbafet