(Old) The Hunt 6: The Succubus

(Old) The Hunt 6: The Succubus

A Screenplay by waubbafet

INT. THE BLIND CYCLOPS/ BAR/ NIGHT

The bar is calm and relaxed. It's not too busy, and not too big. The roof and doors are very high up like it was make for giants to walk in and out.

A woman with bat wings and pointed tail, ALEX, sits at the bar nursing a drink. She's dressed in leather showing more skin then clothes. Suddenly she chugs it. KATSURO, who's behind the bar notices.

KATSURO

Are you alright?

ALEX

Yeah, just alright. It's very sweet of you to ask.

ALEX smiles and play with the rim of the cup.

KATSURO

Don't worry about it.

ALEX

Can I get any other?

KATSURO pours her another beer then brings it over to her. ALEX starts drink, she stops about a third of the the way down.

ALEX

I like you're eyes. What are you part snake? Tiger maybe?

KATSURO

Actually I'm a Kitsune.

ALEX

Oh I've never seen any of you outside Japan.

KATSURO

Yeah I think I'm the only one.

ALEX leans in, getting right in KATSURO'S face.

ALEX

Wow, how interesting. You must be so rare

KATSURO looks worried about that sentence.

KATSURO

(scared, confuse)

I guess so?

ALEX

Sorry I get ahead of myself. I'm going to need some shots too.

KATSURO

Sorry, no can do. You had about ten beers int he last hour. I have limits. If I don't follow them I get fired, and it can't be healthy.

ALEX

Fine then big boss man.

KATSURO

Do you need to talk about something?

ALEX

Don't you have anything better to do?

KATSURO looks around, there's no one else at the bar.

KATSURO

Not really.

ALEX

Well maybe later.

INT. APARTMENT/ LOBBY/ DAY

KYRA walks down the stairs with PLANT in hand. The LANDLORDS in the back doing paper work.

LANDLORD

(second head)

Good morning dear

KYRA

Good morning sirs.

LANDLORD

(first head)

She called me a sir. Can you believe that!

KYRA

Oh I'm sorry. I just assumed.

LANDLORD

(first head)

Assume what?!

LANDLORD

(second head)

It was an honest mistake dear.

(To Kyra)

Don't worry about it dear.

The LANDLORDS walk to the back room. KYRA puts the plant down on the desk, takes her keys, and opens the mailbox titled 318. There are two letters, one written and sloppy handwriting from Dr. Smith, and one sealed with wax and made of older paper. KYRA examines the wax sealed one look for a name or address but there is none. KATSURO walks through the door carrying a bag.

KATSURO

Oh, Kyra. Just the person I wanted to see.

KYRA jumps.

KATSURO

Sorry did I scare you.

KYRA

It's okay. You only scared me a little. I didn't hear you coming.

KATSURO

Oh, sorry

KYRA

It's okay

KATSURO

How's Pacific doing?

KYRA

Oh he's still a sleep. I just came to cheek my mail.

KATSURO

Oh that reminds me.

KATSURO hands KYRA the bag.

KATSURO

I saw you still don't have any blankets or anything, and you wont let me pay you so I bought you some.

KYRA looks in the bag. It's a pillow and two blankets.

KYRA

You didn't have to.

KATSURO

Yet I did anyway. I owe you.

KYRA

Oh well in that case, thank you very much.

KATSURO

Don't worry about it.

KYRA

I'll see you tonight.

KATSURO

You too.

KYRA puts her letters and PLANT inside the bag and walk upstairs.

INT. APARTMENT 318

KYRA put the bag on her bed. She take out her PLANT first. It droops like its dieing, but it looks perfectly green and healthy.

KYRA

Well why are you so upset?

KYRA looks in the bag. The PLANT spilled some dirt on the blankets and pillow. KYRA looks back at her plant.

KYRA

It's not your fault. I need to do laundry anyway.

KYRA takes the mail out of the bag. She opens the letter from SMITH first. She takes out the paper, and reads it quickly.

KYRA

(to Plant)

It's from Smith. He wants to know if you're doing okay, but says we can't write him back. His address changes to often. But... wait what?

KYRA reaches into the envelope. Taped inside is a credit card.

KYRA

(to plant)

He's going to wire as much money as he can into a untraceable account. What? How could he pull something like that off? Should I use it?

The PLANT moves it highest stem up and down, as if to say yeah idiot.

KYRA

I don't know. Maybe. Only if I really need too.

KYRA puts the card abck in the envelope then puts it on the dresser. After that she picks up the sealed envelope, opens it, and takes out the paper inside. It look very delicate so she's careful.

KYRA

(to PLANT)

Oh it's an invitation. Some auction uptown run by succubuses. I wounder what they are?

KYRA gets up.

KYRA

Well, I should go do the laundry. It's only a block away so I wont be to long. Maybe any hour.

KYRA takes the bag and walks over to the pile of cloths. She puts the clothes in the bag.

KYRA

See you. Don't get in trouble alright.

KYRA leaves but not before looking at the PLANT worryingly one last time. Like a mom watching her kid go one the school bus for the first time.

INT. APARTMENT/ LOBBY

KYRA bumps into ALEX going down the stairs.

KYRA

Sorry.

ALEX

Don't worry about it.

KYRA can't stop looking at her. ALEX as small bat wigs and a pointed tail, like those pictures of the Devil. ALEX smiles.

ALEX

You like what you see hu?

KYRA blushes.

KYRA

No sorry I didn't mean to stare.

KYRA runs out the door. ALEX giggle.

ALEX

How cute.

INT. APARTMENT 320

There's a knock on the door. KATSURO just sitting down. PACIFICS still asleep and probably wouldn't answer it anyway. KATSURO answers the door. ALEX is on the other side of the door.

KATSURO

(confused, scared)

Um hello.

ALEX

Alex from last night.

KATSURO

Yes, I recognize you. How did you find where I live?

ALEX

Your boss told me.

KATSURO

Great. Is there something you want?

ALEX

I was hoping we could have that talk. Kitsune.

KATSURO

Ah, sure.

KATSURO leaves the room and closes the door behind him. Closing the door wakes PACIFIC up.

KATSURO

What's wrong.

ALEX stares into his eye like somethings supposed to happen, but nothing does.

ALEX

You're way to nice.

ALEX grabs his face and kisses him. At first KATSURO tries to push away but after a second or two loosens up. Never kisses back.

ALEX

I don't know why I never do that first. Come on kitsune, we have money to make.

ALEX walks to the stairs and KATSURO follows without question. PACIFIC walks out of the room.

PACIFIC

Katsuro, where are you going?

KATSURO

(monotone, apathetic)

F**k off Pacific

PACIFIC looks confused,but mostly sad. He whimpers and tries to follow KATSURO.

KATSURO

(monotone, apathetic)

What are you deaf?

ALEX

Lets just go okay

KATSURO

(monotone, apathetic)

Anything for you.

KATSURO and ALEX walk down the stairs. PACIFIC walks to KYRA'S apartment, 318, and starts to knock on the door. He doesn't stop knocking even though no one will answer. MARK, who's door is right across from KYRA'S, opens his door, but stays in the darkness of his room.

MARK

(tired)

Will you stop knock. I'm trying to sleep.

PACIFIC

Something happened to Katsuro. I know it. I do.

MARK

What wrong? Not like care. He gives me free drinks sometimes is all.

PACIFIC walks in his room. MARK closes the door.

MARK

I didn't say you could come in.

PACIFIC

Then why did you close the door?

MARK

Because you just walked in. I didn't have enough time.

PACIFIC stares at him. MARK sigh.

INT. LAUNDRY MAT

KYRA makes it the laundry mat with the bag of sheets and pillows. Inside, the laundry mat is mostly destroyed. The only people there are MONA, EMMA, and ANGEL. MONA'S in the middle of fighting ANGEL, a big muscular man with three wings on each side that looks golden and charred. MONA and ANGEL look pretty beat up. ANGEL has a long sword to MONA'S neck, while MONA has her scythe less then an inch away from his neck. EMMA walks in the middle of them.

EMMA

Mona, stop. Can we go to one place without you trying to kill everyone?!

ANGEL

Well that is her job.

EMMA

Shut up. Heaven, hell, I don't care. I just want to get the blood out of my new dress like everyone else.

MONA puts down the scythe like she's told.

ANGEL

I see

ANGEL puts down his sword.

ANGEL

(to Emma)

My apologies. Sorry for the intrusion.

ANGEL fixes his cloths an hair really quick, his wings fold close to his skin then disappear. He walks out, then see KYRA outside, and holds the door for her.

KYRA

(shaken up)

T-thank you.

KYRA walks inside. ANGEL leave.

MONA

Yeah you better run!

(to emma)

I'm going to go lie down on those chairs over there for a while. That Angel kind of kicked my a*s.

EMMA

And thats why you don't pick fights.

MONA

Whatever

MONA pulls all the chairs close together and lies down on top of them.

KYRA

That was an Angel?

EMMA

I know right. I've never seem one either. I'll tell you one thing, they're not very good at first impressions.

KYRA

I've seem worse.

EMMA

Speaking of first impression. Hi, I'm Emma.

EMMA holds out her hand.

KYRA

Kyra.

KYRA shakes it, and smiles. EMMA pulls out her card from her jacket.

EMMA

If you ever need a lawyer let me know.

INT. APARTMENT 319

MARK and PACIFIC sit on the bed talking.

MARK

Yeah, sound like a succubus.

PACIFIC

A what?

MARK

They're spirits that can hypnotize anyone who's attracted to them. And there's no way in hell I'm messing with one.

PACIFIC

I need help.

MARK

Yeah count me out. No ones worth my life.

PACIFIC puts his head down and turns away. MARK hears KYRA coming up the stairs, and runs to the door. He opens it.

MARK

Kyra?

KYRA

Yes

MARK

Get Pacific out of my apartment. He's starting to have emotions.

KYRA

Sure. Why is he there in the first place?

MARK

Something about Katsuro getting kidnapped by a succubus.

KYRA

Kidnapped!?

MARK

Yeah.

KYRA walks into MARK's apartment and sits on the bed next to PACIFIC. MARK looks pissed.

MARK

Really?

PACIFIC

One minute

KYRA

What happened?

PACIFIC turns to face KYRA. His expression looks neutral as normal, but he's about to cry.

PACIFIC

I looked for you.

KYRA

I'm sorry. I had to go do laundry.

PACIFIC

He doesn't want me anymore.

KYRA

Well that's not true at all.

PACIFIC

That's what he said. Mark says it was the succubus that mad him say that.

KYRA

What's a succubus?

PACIFIC

(like mark said it)

They're spirits that can hypnotize anyone who's attracted to them.

KYRA

Yeah, I got invited to an auction, it said some succubuses where hosting it.

MARK

First: it's Succubi; Second: how the hell did you get invited to that.

KYRA

I don't really know, but I'm allowed to bring guests if you want come.

MARK

Yeah, I'll be there. If I feel like it.

PACIFIC

But you have to help.

KYRA

That is fair.

MARK thinks it over.

MARK

Fine. What's the plan?

INT. AUCTION HOUSE/ PRIVATE ROOM

ALEX gets slapped in the face by an incubus, MAX. KATSURO picks up MAX by the throat. Fire appears around him in a ring and his eyes glow a little.

ALEX

(to katsuro)

Stop, it's okay. I deserved it. Just leave for a bit, k.

KATSURO drops him.

KATSURO

You never deserve anything like that.

KATSURO leaves.

MAX

(catching his breath)

You see this is what happens when you kiss it. Damn thing tries to kill me.

ALEX

He wouldn't listen. I had no choice.

MAX

You're going to have to pull it's soul out you know.

ALEX

I can't pull out his soul! It'll kill him.

MAX

Don't talk back to me! You're lucky a kitsunes souls is just as lucky as a kitsune itself. If it where any other thing, you would be burning right now.

MAX leaves upset.

INT. AUCTION HOUSE/ ENTRANCE/ SUNSET

A SUCCUBUS guards the entrance up the stairs. KYRA, her plant, MARK, and PACIFIC walk up to the door, but they're stopped by the SUCCUBUS. KYRA can't take her eye's off the SUCCUBUS.

SUCCUBUS

Yeah, it's not open yet... so

KYRA

Oh really, well there's no time on the invite so I thought it's was a whatever thing and

MARK

(interrupt)

Do you know how important she is?

PACIFIC nodes for emphasis.

MARK

She can take her s**t ton money any where she wants. Any time she wants.

SUCCUBUS

Money.

KYRA

(shy)

Um yeah, yeah, lots of money.

SUCCUBUS

Yeah I'm not that stupid. You probably don't even have an invitation.

KYRA

I do.

KYRA hands the SUCCUBUS her invite.

SUCCUBUS

K, sorry but I still can't let you in. It's not ready yet.

MARK

You have got to be kidding me.

KYRA

Thank you.

KYRA runs down the stairs. PACIFIC, and MARK follow.

PACIFIC

What's wrong?

KYRA

It's nothing. She was making me a little unconvertible

PACIFIC

We can't go in.

MARK

Yeah we can. There's always a back entrance.

INT. AUCTION HOUSE/ PRIVATE ROOM

MARK brakes the lock and the three of them walk in.

MARK

See.

KYRA

You think they wouldn't make it that easy.

On the other door the knob moves slowly.

MARK

(whispers)

S**t

They hid behind a curtain. ALEX walks holding KATSURO hand.

PACIFIC

(whispers)

There

ALEX looks in there direction. KYRA shushes him.

ALEX

Okay, just stand here.

ALEX pushed KATSURO to a spot in front of her.

KATSURO

Yes of course.

ALEX

Wait here.

ALEX walks towards the curtain. PACIFIC's trying to move towards him but MARK holds him back.

MARK

Don't mess with a succubus.

 ALEX pulls back the curtain.

ALEX

A curtain really?

KYRA shrugs.

ALEX

(to kyra)

Oh, I remember you. You're adorable you know.

KYRA

(Scared)

Well theres umm... I... Well

ALEX looks her right in the eye.

ALEX

Yeah.

KYRA

I'll do anything you say.

ALEX

Wow low self-esteem.

MARK

S**t.

PACIFIC

No!

ALEX

Oh now come on. I'm a succubus it's what I do.

She look MARK right in the eyes.

ALEX

Oh, you're already taken.

MARK

What the hell that's supposed to mean?

ALEX

Don't know.

ALEX'S fingernail grow very long, and she stabs MARK in the neck. MARK lets go of PACIFIC and tries to pull out her fingernails. PACIFIC jumps on ALEX, pulling ALEX to the ground and almost cutting off MARKS neck.

ALEX

I could us a little help.

KATSURO runs and picks up PACIFIC, and throw him to the ground. KYRA pins PACIFIC to the ground.

KATSURO starts going after MARK. MARK throws the first punch and KATSURO dodges. MARK can't seem to hit KATSURO. KATSURO gets some nice hits in though. MARK'S not look so good, he falls to the ground.

PACIFIC struggles, but KYRA's pretty good at keeping him down. Both ALEX and MARK see PACIFIC jumps out off the body and into KYRA's. There a white flash of light as she falls over. BLAZE looks dead.

MARK

What the hell?

ALEX

Kitsune I think we should go.

KATSURO stops kicking MARKS a*s.

MARK

What just happened?

ALEX

(scared)

I don't know.

PACIFIC (who no possesses Kyra's body) gets up. Her eye's glazed over. He punches the mirror and grabs a shard of glass. He walks towards ALEX.

ALEX

Hey, stop.

Alex starts walking backwards and falls over.

PACIFIC

(mad)

No

PACIFIC's about to stab ALEX when KATSURO jumps in front. He gets stabbed.

PACIFIC

(confused, beyond sad)

NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo.

ALEX

You see what you did? You killed him, why, because I did my job.

MARK had made his way over, crawling to ALEX. He bites her right in the neck, and drinks her blood. As he drinks he gets his wounds heal. ALEX tries to fight him off, but doesn't have enough energy too.

MARK

Yeah, well your jobs kind of horrible.

PACIFIC

What do we do about Katsuro? I'm scared Mark.

MARK

Pacific? Is that you?

PACIFIC

Yes.

MARK

Right, that's creepy.

PACIFIC

You need to help me.

MARK

Lets go. Maybe the landlord as something up his well, not sleeves.

PACIFIC

This is serious.

MARK picks up KATSURO.

MARK

I know. I just don't care.

They leave the way they came in. Forgetting about BLAZE.

© 2015 waubbafet


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
Added on August 1, 2014
Last Updated on August 14, 2015

Author

waubbafet
waubbafet

NC



About
Writer, muffin ... not much else really. Unless you count that hint of insanity. You know like basil in a boring tomato sauce. I'm obsessed with stories. more..

Writing
The Mythos The Mythos

A Story by waubbafet