Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
A First Date.

A First Date.

A Story by waywithwords
"

This short story is about rape and murder.

"



Jane was so excited. She had her first date with a young man called Jack, and he was taking her on a picnic. Jane stared through the large ornate mirror that hung over the marble fireplace. She noticed that her freckles on her face gave the appearance of orange coloured blotches.
“Crikey! I can’t go looking like this. I’d better try hiding them with my cream.” She said.

Jane had only just turned sixteen and all her friends had a boyfriend. Now it was her turn and she intended to enjoy her day. The white cream that she dabbed on her face was to lighten the blotches so they wouldn’t stand out so bad. Her doctor said that the blotching would disappear out of the blue but the freckles would stay.

“Stop hogging that mirror Jane, you'll make it crack“, said Peter her younger brother.
"Get out you little s**t. I’m sick of you making fun of my freckles. You’re a right pain in the neck. I’ll tell dad when he comes back from aunty Linda’s”.

Jane ran up two steps at a time until she reached her bedroom. She opened the wardrobe and through an armful of clothes onto her bed. She picked out a lovely pink low cut dress. A pair of half inch heel black shoes and bag to match. She didn’t need her coat as the weather was quite hot and stuffy.

Jane changed in her on-suite bathroom and she looked a stunner. She would pass for no less than eighteen dressed as she was. At sixteen though she was still a little girl at heart, but envied some of her friends that were having relationships with boys and even one friend had a married man in her relationship. She shrugged her white pale shoulders and slowly went downstairs to wait for her young man to call.

The bell rang and Jane answered the door. A tall young man stood there with a red rose in his hand. Jane’s face turned a vivid red, as red as the rose the young man had handed to her.
“Come in Jack. I won’t be a minute I’ll, I’ll put this in some water before we go, that’s really nice of you”. Jane nervously said.
“You look such a stunner Jane. I hardly recognised you when you opened the door. I haven’t seen you with make-up on before and you sure look older than sixteen. You did say sixteen didn’t you”.
“Course I did”. Said Jane feeling a little embarrassed. Jane shouted up the staircase to her brother, to stay in until mum and dad arrived back. She and her young man left the house and they climbed into his old banger of a car that was parked in the driveway of Jane’s house.

“Where is this picnic place then”, said Jane.
“It’s not to far away. It’s a lovely quiet spot, my mother used to take me and my brother when we were younger. It’s a nice quiet place with loads of trees and well hidden from the beaten path. You’ll love it just wait.” Said Jack.
Jane was feeling a little apprehensive now, as she hadn’t known this young man for long and it was evident that he was much older than her.

When they arrived at their picnic area Jane gasped with delight. It was a gorgeous area. The sun was beating down and she could see the reflection of the sun peeping through the mass of trees that were like soldiers stood in a straight line. The grassed area was greener than she had seen before and overhead the birds were singing and flying overhead as though to say hello.

Jack laid out a checked blanket on the ground and set out sandwiches that had been carefully wrapped in cling film. There were two plastic dishes that had strawberries and cream in and other items of food. He then placed a bottle of bubbly at his side and offered Jane a plastic glass and one for himself. Jane was so impressed with the way that he set out their picnic and was thrilled to bits.

They chatted for an age and loved each others company. After they had eaten their sandwiches he reached for the plastic bowl of strawberries and cream. He placed a single strawberry with the cream onto a spoon and smiling, he placed it into Jane’s mouth. They were both frolicking around when suddenly a strawberry flew off the spoon and landed down the front of Jane’s cleavage.

Jack instantly put his hand down her dress to retrieve the strawberry. His face turned white when he felt her soft voluptuous breast. Jane was horrified and her laughter had now turned to anger. He had turned from the gentleman to someone who desperately wanted sex. Jane began punching him and saying that he had to take her home and she was not that type of a girl. Suddenly two men appeared and dived onto Jack. They bludgeoned him to death with a wooden heavy stick. They then turned their attention toward Jane. She was screaming and fighting for her life whilst they raped her.

Some time later, Jane managed to crawl toward the main road that was on the other side of the tall trees. She was in a dazed stated and her pink dress had turned red with blood splattered all down her front. She too had received blows to her head and bruising on her face and legs. Jane was still sobbing and screaming when a blue Mazda car pulled up and the driver hurried to her side. The lady who was the owner of the car dialled 999 on her mobile.

It was not too long before two policemen and a policewoman arrived on the scene. The police managed to collect some information from Jane and the whereabouts the crime took place. Jane was distraught and in severe pain. The ambulance arrived and the medics gently placed Jane onto a stretcher. The policewoman accompanied them to the nearest hospital.

After the doctor and a nurse had examined Jane they admitted her into hospital with three fractures to her ribs and confirmed that she was severely raped. The doctor also sedated her as she would do herself more injury in the state that she was in. The police wanted to question her further but the doctor would not allow it. The investigation would have to be put on hold until Jane had settled down.

The scene of the crime was cordoned off with barriers and yellow ribbon attached.
The forensic experts had been called in and a photographer had also took pictures of the body and the surrounding area. The officers had bagged all the evidence they could collect from the picnic area; including the checked bloody blanket. They were all placed into brown paper bags and taken away.

After months of deliberating over the murder, a picture of the scenario was now more clear. When they had interviewed the two men involved in the murder, they had come clean and told the officers that they knew Jack from their college days. The two men had seen Jack talking to Jane on a couple of occasions and one of them had mentioned that his bird was so fit. He admitted that he couldn't get her out of his head. He even admitted that he had stalked her for a few days prior to the murder.

The two men said that Jack had everything even his own car and had been seen with plenty of birds before Jane. The man who had stalked Jane said that her kind would never look at a man like him so he said that he planned to follow her on the day of the picnic.

When they were hiding behind the trees they saw what they thought was Jack about to rape her so they decided that it was not going to be him. One of the men picked up a length of wood and dived out and bludgeoned Jack to death and then raped Jane, because he stated that he could.

The jury had reached their unanimous decision and the two men were proven guilty of the murder and the rape. The judge also made a recommendation that the accused would serve not less than fifteen years as the offence was so horrific. The judge also stated that the men were a menace to society and showed no remorse for what they had done.

© 2008 waywithwords


Author's Note

waywithwords
Any comments would be very welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"opened the wardrobe and through (should be "threw")
Now that's what I call a ruined picnic. Everything was going so well until that strawberry went astray.

A fine, competent piece of writing, waywithwords. I wonder--was this based on a real event? Irregardless, its the story of a tragedy that happens far too often. Well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"opened the wardrobe and through (should be "threw")
Now that's what I call a ruined picnic. Everything was going so well until that strawberry went astray.

A fine, competent piece of writing, waywithwords. I wonder--was this based on a real event? Irregardless, its the story of a tragedy that happens far too often. Well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow. I thought i was reading this nice story about a young girl and then BAM. i was like wtf? I liked it alot. It was good. I think more details might have been good but I like to hear about blood and what not. I really like it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! I liked the twist you had. It went from being a story about a first date to something tragic. I liked that. Good story.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 23, 2008

Author

waywithwords
waywithwords

United Kingdom



About
I am a mother, grandmother and a great grandmother and I am nearly sixty four years old. I should say young because at this time I still feel that way and feel lucky that my health and energy is still.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dumb Cop Dumb Cop

A Poem by Kris Tate