Ruby-Eyed Dragon

Ruby-Eyed Dragon

A Story by ImaginaryMight
"

In the face of Virtual Reality mankind undergoes a massive extinction event. People who immerse themselves too fully in virtual reality find themselves disgusted with their forms when they wake up.

"
The intraveneous feeding fluid had run out. I have been immersed in an alternate relatity for more than seven years, that's much shorter than most people. Though there is something very terrible about waking up out of these virtual reality machines. Waking up from a world where you have everything, everything comes to you easily. It pains me to look in the mirror, this is not the appearance I identify with. I don't even know my name. I look out the window, there is no one, nothing to suggest this world is inhabited by humans, just buildings where people stay in their virtual reality machines and live more appealing lives, lives with magic and interesting creatures to befriend, or realities where one can play with the law of physics, where one can be a god.
I walk down the street there is no signs of life, only spray painted signs that say "Remember Reality" and one large sign over the overpass "You can't live while wanting to be someone else" It is clear that mankind is a dying organism and the truth is, I and no one else seems to really care. I just want to get back to my Avatar, half human mage, half elf, named Allaistar. I don't care that mankind is going extinct, I just want to immerse myself in the virtual reality, I just want to defeat a Ruby-eyed dragon.

© 2017 ImaginaryMight


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I found so much reality in reading this. It's like a fast forward to a time that we are very much setting the tone for now. We loose ourselves in trying to appeal and connect virtually where it gives the illusion to be safer and forget the social and humanitarian aspects of ourselves. I also love the title. Thank you for sharing!!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
d
hey, keep going. did you? this conjures up so much. i think ist a great idea. i hope youre keeping at it

Posted 6 Years Ago


ImaginaryMight

6 Years Ago

Thanks for the review, see you on SF.
I found so much reality in reading this. It's like a fast forward to a time that we are very much setting the tone for now. We loose ourselves in trying to appeal and connect virtually where it gives the illusion to be safer and forget the social and humanitarian aspects of ourselves. I also love the title. Thank you for sharing!!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 23, 2017
Last Updated on November 23, 2017

Author

ImaginaryMight
ImaginaryMight

Harrisonburg, VA



About
I hope to entertain you with my brand of imagination. This is something I do for fun, in order to pass the time. more..

Writing