How to Reset Webcam Settings in Windows 10

How to Reset Webcam Settings in Windows 10

A Story by online webcam test
"

How to reset webcam settings in Windows 10? Here in this article, you can take a step by step guide on setting up the webcam.

"

You can reset webcam settings in Windows 10 starting with build 21354, which is part of the upcoming 21H2 update. Microsoft has added system-level options to Windows 10 for that.
A new section with webcam settings provides users with many options. 
For example, you can adjust brightness, contrast, orientation, and other characteristics depending on the capabilities of a particular webcam model. 
Moreover, these options allow you to disable the camera in Windows 10, add a new one or manage existing ones.
Before proceeding directly to the tutorial chapter, it should be noted that the new options are currently only available in Windows 10 build 21354 and newer. 
These builds are part of the upcoming Windows 10 21H2 update. You can check the Windows version on your computer using the Win + R key combination and the command.
This tutorial will show you how to reset your webcam settings using the Settings app options on Windows 10.
Reset Webcam Settings in Windows 10
1. Open Windows Settings.
2. Go to Devices> Cameras.
3. Find the webcam you need in the list and left-click on it.
4. Select Configure.
5. On the next page, scroll down and click the Restore defaults button. Windows will apply the default settings without additional warning or action.
By the way, if you are having problems with the webcam in Windows 10, you can also run a simple troubleshooting wizard here. 
To do this, click on the Troubleshoot button.
Windows will run a series of checks and suggest fixes if problems are found.
 You can also troubleshoot webcam problems in Windows 10 under Windows Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Advanced troubleshooters> Camera.
Done. Now you know how to set up a webcam in your Windows 10 device, how to reset webcam settings, and how to troubleshoot your webcam if you have some problems with its settings.
 That is a great addition to the OS made by Microsoft in the 21H2 release.
Fix Windows 10 Camera Not Working(Error 0xA00F4246/0x887A0004)
After installing a new Windows 10, the camera app stops working with the error 0xA00F4246(0x887A0004). 
To fix this error, you can try:
1. Reset camera app in Settings > System > Apps & features.
2. Check Privacy in Windows Settings and make sure you have allowed the Camera app and other apps to use the camera.
3. Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter: right-click Start menu > click Search > enter Troubleshooting > open the tool and click Hardware and Devices. Run this troubleshooter.
4. Reinstall or update webcam driver. Open device manager, select imaging devices, or integrated webcam. Update the driver. If there is no update available, delete it and reinstall the driver.
If none of the methods above, you can try to fix an integrated or external camera that is not working by adding a new registry value.
Step 1 Open Registry Editor. Press Windows + R to open the Run window. Type Regedit and hit Enter.
Step 2 Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows Media Foundation >  Platform.
Step 3 Right-click on the empty space under Platform, click New > DWORD (32-bit) value and create a new value named EnableFrameServerMode.
Step 4 Double click EnableFrameServerMode value and enter 0 into its Value data. Click OK.
Restart your computer and you’ll find the camera starts working again after restart.
Fix Windows 10 Camera Not Working(Error Code 0xA00F4243)
After Windows 10 update, you can’t use the Camera app or apps like Skype with your laptop’s built-in camera because of the error 0xA00F4243 that says: Close other apps. It looks like another app is using the camera already.
If you are dealing with a camera issue like this, try the following solutions.
Disable apps that use the camera

Step 1: Go to  Settings > Privacy > Camera.
Step 2: Toggle off all apps that are allowed to use the camera.
When you open an app that needs to use the camera, it will ask for your permission.
 
In this way, you can start the camera without another app is using the camera.
Check Task Manager

Step 1: Right-click on the space of the toolbar and select Task Manager.
Step 2: When Task Manager is open, check Processes and close the apps that may be using your camera.
Other users suggested that if you find services like Intel(R)RealSense(TM)Depth camera manager services are stopped under the Services tab, run the services and the camera will start to work.
Update camera driver
An error could also be triggered by an outdated or corrupted camera driver.
That’s why you should update the camera driver to get the Windows 10 camera working again.
1. Open Device Manager > Imaging devices.
2. Right-click the driver of your webcam and select Update Driver Software. Follow the on-screen instruction to update the webcam driver.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I change my default webcam in Windows 10?
Method 1: If the Webcam is listed under Devices and printers, please follow the steps.
a. Press Windows key + X.
b. Select Control Panel.
c. Click on Devices and Printers.
d. Check if the Logitech webcam is listed.
e. Right-click on Logitech webcam.
f. Click on Set this device as default.
How do I change my integrated webcam settings?

To access your webcam settings, click on “Start” and open the “Control Panel.” Choose “Hardware” and then choose your internal webcam from the hardware menu. 
Select the “Properties” tab to open the setting controls and slide each bar until you achieve the ideal visual settings for your broadcast.
How do I test my webcam on Windows 10?

Check for an outdated webcam driver
Select the Start button, enter Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the search results.
Find your webcam under Imaging devices or Sound, video, and game controllers.
Press and hold (or right-click) the name of your webcam, and then select Properties.
How do I activate the camera on my laptop?
Open Device Manager and double-click on Imaging Devices. Your webcam should be listed among the imaging devices. 
Another way to activate a laptop web camera is to start using it through an instant messenger service like Skype, Yahoo, MSN, or Google Talk.
How do I change my default webcam on my laptop?
How to Use a USB Webcam With a Laptop With Cam
1. Click “Start” and then “Control Panel.”
2. Click the “Imaging Devices” link in the Device Manager list and highlight the name of the laptop’s built-in webcam.
Right-click your webcam device name and click “Disable” on the pop-up list.
Insert the installation CD for the new webcam into your laptop’s optical drive.
How do I change my camera on Skype Windows 10?

Click “Tools” at the top of the Skype window and select “Options” from the drop-down menu to open the Skype Options window. 
Click “Video settings” in the left navigation pane to view the video settings in the right pane. Click once on the “Select Webcam” box and select a different webcam source from the drop-down menu.
How do I change my Dell Webcam settings?
Enter “webcam” into the search box and select “Dell Webcam Manager” from the results, or expand the system tray and right-click the camera icon.
Click “Webcam Console” or “Launch Webcam Console.” Click the “Camera” tab to adjust the brightness, contrast, and color, change pan/zoom and enable or disable face tracking.
How do I change the exposure on my webcam?
Locate the “Settings” or a similar menu within your webcam software and click to open it. 
Locate the “Brightness” or “Exposure” tab, and click to open it. Move the “Brightness” or “Exposure” slider to the left or right to adjust the amount of light your webcam is processing.
How do I change my Logitech webcam settings?
Adjusting image quality
1. Launch Logitech Webcam Software.
2. Click the Quick Capture button.
3. Click the Controls button.
4. Click Advanced Settings.
In the Advanced Settings window, clear the RightLight Auto options.
Move the sliders to adjust the image quality to your preferred settings.
How do I flip my camera on Windows 10?
Camera app and webcams help
Open the Camera app.
Select the Photo or Video button.
To see the photo or video you just took: In Windows 10, at the lower right, select the Camera roll. In Windows 8.1, select the left arrow.
How do I use an external webcam on Windows 10?

How to Use an External Camera for Skype
Open Skype on Windows. Chances are, you’re using Skype Preview if you are running 
Windows 10, so we’ll use that for the tutorial.
MORE: Best Webcams.
Open the settings menu by clicking the icon in the left sidebar.
Under the Video setting, click the drop-down menu.
Select any other camera connected.

© 2021 online webcam test


Author's Note

online webcam test

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

293 Views
Added on October 20, 2021
Last Updated on October 21, 2021