Inherited Sin

Inherited Sin

A Story by LL Shears
"

Thought's of a killer

"

My sister was found curled up, in a little pool of blood. His will be splattered all over. Her headstone is heavy, grey and shaped like a heart with swirls of pink. Damn girly girl. I’d say a prayer but God gives me no audience. I don’t wait for him; I do what needs to be done. It’s why I don’t fit in.


Outside her house darkness has fallen, I embrace it. It’s no stranger to me, in fact it comforts me like a quilt. Nature, sensing my intent has gone silent; it is a sign of respect for all species. The hedges and shrubs shrink away as I approach.


I sense eyes on me and turn, four little faces smile at me.  I inspect the still images on the fridge. Her will says they belong to me; John, Paul, Ringo and George. I snicker, probably not their names but I’m not going for Aunt Caretaker of the year. I’m here for… him. I stare at a picture of their father.


BAM!


Something or someone fell. I pause, I’m not shaken; I expect, I welcome getting caught. It means I don’t have to keep my passed down brood, no matter what my mother says.


He put her things in a box, a big box in the middle of the hallway upstairs. I glance through it and see a weight, its pink but it’s a good size and has a fatal mass to it. It’ll work and it seems fitting for the counterblow. I push open the bedroom door. My skin pulses as I see him and… my mother.


“I told you, you’re keeping the kids,” she looks at me crossed and steps over his lifeless body.

I head back down the stairs thinking, what the hell do I know about raising kids.

© 2015 LL Shears


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on September 27, 2014
Last Updated on November 16, 2015
Tags: Vengeance, Battered, Abuse, Retaliation, Killer, Woman, First Person, Mico, Responsibility

Author

LL Shears
LL Shears

OH



About
Perpetual Student of something more..