Surfer Paradise

Surfer Paradise

A Story by Jordan Novak
"

My second piece of writing about a sport near and dear to me

"

It was 6:15 on this Saturday mourning. Every one else was asleep in their beds but I was wide awake on the warm sand. I stood up and grabbed my board. I have had this board since I could remember. I walked over to the water and stepped in. I put my board down on the water and walked out deeper with my board by my side. The water was warm as paddled out. I saw tiny waves go by but nothing that quite caught my interest. Then I saw it. The biggest wave i had every seen. I quickly turned my board around, pushed my long,sandy blond hair out of my bright blue eyes and started paddling forward. The wave came and I hopped up when it came to me. I was having a ride on the greatest wave  I had ever ridden until it crashed down. It came down on me with such force, it snapped my board in two. I tried to swim back to the surface but than hit my head on the fin. It left a giant gash on my head and I could feel the blood pouring out, but I still fought to get up to the surface. I surfaced and saw life guard boats surronding me. That was the last thing I ever saw. The gash on my head lost so much blood i lost conscienceless and feel back under. I think I stopped breathing but i saw a light in front of me. I saw my parents standing in front of the light welcoming to come forward and join them in the happy afterlife. I walked forward and right before i reached them I opened m eyes. I saw doctors surronding me and my older brother and younger sister standing on both sides of my bead. I asked them what happened but they where both crying to much to give me an answer to any of my questions.  All I knew was That I was happy that I was still alive and that I couldn't wait for the time I am able to go out to my favorite place in he world again. The ocean.

 

 

 

The End

 

 

 

© 2008 Jordan Novak


Author's Note

Jordan Novak
it might be bad but it was the best I could do

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the detail you give, makes me want to go surfing but without the near death experience!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It wasn't where I thought it was going. It's called 'Surfer's Paradise' but the turn to a near death experience surprised me. I like the detail and the descriptions and I can picture each event as you describe. I think it is really good. I like that you are continuing to write. Good job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This isn't bad at all! It's interesting how it's called Surfer Paradise, but it ends in disaster. : ) I like how it starts out peaceful and dandy, and slowly goes from bad to worse. I think this is a more realistic point of view. Good job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 23, 2008

Author

Jordan Novak
Jordan Novak

Writing
my story my story

A Story by Jordan Novak