Lost Angel

Lost Angel

A Poem by Kelley
"

About a lost Angel that wants to go home

"
Photobucket

If tears were diamonds
I'd be a rich man
My eyes are the window to my soul
but no one knows I even exist
I was happy once
Now I'm just here
A lost generation
My wine has lost its taste
And with every sip a metallic
Taste is left on my lips
Grains of sand fall from my hands
From digging my way out of this grave
I have lost my way
but no one is there to find me
Are we really here
Do we really have free will
People don't believe in us anymore
What does love mean
I want to experience it for once in my life
I want to walk hand in hand in to the sunset
I want to kiss soft lips
I want to watch sad movies
And hold you when you cry
I spend all my time waiting
I need a distraction
Where do I go from here�

© 2009 Kelley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hi Kelley :-) You never know, we may have been put here 5 minutes ago...with a memory!
I loved this piece of yours hon and the wish you have for true love to not just visit, but to stay. I think we all feel that way, I also believe that we are sent love from above...and when it comes we need to recognize it for the blessing that it is. So many go through life ignoring signs, such a waste...even for angels!
I sincerely hope that everyone's love will find them...SOON!!! Beautiful work...*hugs*
(Say a big hi to Tawny for me would you?)

Helen~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

very heartfelt poem, you expressed a lonely person waiting their turn to find love, this was a wonderful yet sad write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
Kelley,

This is an Incredible piece of poetic pain, my friend. One I can relate to in it's entirety. Excellent questions you bring up... "Do we really have free will?" No, not exactly. But yes, we do at the same time. Are you willing to pay the price for that amount of freedom... ? It is heavy, and very much taxing on the soul. For pain is what free will entails. It is not the glamor of Hollywood's portrayal. Much loneliness, much soul searching that comes with it... I feel your want in this piece, with my soul I feel it. I have felt these things, and do know the sting it administers. The sour bitterness left upon the tongue. And then there is the final question of, 'Where do I go from here?'. Forward, my friend. Always, no other direction but forward...
Outstanding piece of Magnificent Excellence. Never let your pen leave your Talented hand, Kelley. It is a great friend, indeed.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This piece is sad. So much wandering and searching and yet there seems to be nothing for the effort. I love the way you play words off of each other without there being any real effort. The comparison of tears and dimonds was perfect, my favorite portion of the piece.
There seems to be this underlying thought though that this isn't just one man speaking for himself. There is a hnt in this that the world in general is lost on a romantic level. That we have goten to a point where we don't know how to be or we don't care to be romantic with a partner. That we are here for the moment, for that quick bit of gratification and the art form of the relationship has been lost.
However you look at this it is a good piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow what a beautiful piece truly inspirational. This reachesin and pulls you in longing to be right there with you. Exquisite piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"If tears were diamonds/I'd be a rich man" I loved that comparison; grabbed my attention and made me keep reading!
I read it once and loved it. Read it again, and the line "Now I'm just here/A lost generation" made me stop and think about what you were saying.
Beautiful, Emotional, and deep.
Though I haven't gotten to read much of your writing, I've loved everything I have read so far!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

awww! this is so beautiful!
I was about to cry!
love the picture by the way
I love ur beginning
"if tears were diamonds..."
thats really got my attention there!
excellent work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love the picture. Very nicely done. Yes, I do believe in them still and I believe they take care of me under the watchful eye of my Heavenly Father. But you're right.....a lot of people don't believe in them anymore. This was a unique perspective on an angel. Creative.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i simply love this, so full of emotion! wonderful piece of work! x0x0x0x0

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is superb writing, a pleasure to read your poetry.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. You have this style that I want to touch, write and speck! I'm in awww of you

When you think of poems and story tells, dreams come alive and weep into peoples souls. That is what I feel from reading your work. Amazing write!

Much love n respect,
anna

If tears were diamonds
I'd be a rich man
My eyes are the window to my soul
but no one knows I even exist


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

740 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 6, 2009
Last Updated on March 6, 2009

Author

Kelley
Kelley

Nowhere near heaven, CO



About
I am a guy who like to write everything from poetry to books.Stop by and say hi. I love writing everything from poetry to stories. more..

Writing