The Day I Craved for Bubblegum Mcdip

The Day I Craved for Bubblegum Mcdip

A Story by pennypauper
"

A true story.

"

One day, I found myself salivating at the thought of Mcdo’s large bubblegum crispies into my mouth. I could feel the fluid gushing to and fro my palate as I took each heavy swallow of it down to my esophagus. In my mind, I could see the awesome twirl of vanilla ice cream on top of the yellow cone being dunked as a whole into the unexpectedly deep basin of blue Mcdip which was sprinkled with crunchy crispies. Then, I saw myself licking my lips as I received the bubblegum ice cream by its cone. With every tick of the clock, I put it closer and closer and closer to my mouth and finally, gave it a tasteful, satisfying bite at the swirly top. Hmmmm! I just craved even more.

That day, it was raining a little hard. Lance and I went to PRC for our licenses. Deep inside, I was grateful for the chance I got to finally have my sundae cone. “Mcdonalds is everywhere,” I thought. When we arrived at the PRC, I got giddy at the multitude of people. We stopped in a corner near the gate and watched the people filling in the vast, open space of the ground floor. There stood a long line at almost every window. Most of them looked nasty with their wet hair, clothes and shoes (just like me). We pushed through with our licenses, however. We walked, swayed with the people and followed directions posted on the wall. We finally came inside the building itself, placed our claiming stabs in a box and waited for our names to be called. The thought of the bubblegum flavored ice cream with crispies came back to me. And of course, I salivated again. But looking forward to this reward lengthened my patience. We stood in a bit spacious corner and fixed ourselves. While waiting, we talked about nursing stuff, writing and people then planned the day ahead (turns out he wanted an ice cream too!) Our names were called, at last. We headed to the counter, signed on some sort of list and received our licenses. Ah, thank God! Suddenly, the sound of victory played to my ear and I saw again, in my mind, the sundae cone with a bright background! Alright, I knew I was getting crazy.  

It stopped raining the moment we stepped outside PRC. We agreed to spend the rest of our day in Robinsons Magnolia. Our eyes twinkled at the thought of visiting a new place. We didn’t know why but we hadn’t got there before. While we were walking along the street, we saw Mcdonalds. I knew that it was my chance to fulfill my dream. Lance persuaded me to eat the ice cream right that moment. But I chose to delay gratification. I told him that it’d be better to have a nice seat in Robinsons Magnolia’s Mcdonalds. He agreed.

We arrived at the mall. It was cold and nice inside. The mall looked peaceful with just a few people. I thought of the bubblegum flavored ice cream. The picture now was vivid as ever that I could almost smell and taste it. We walked around the seemed-to-be-the food court, searching for any signs of Ronald Mcdonald. Alright, t’was weird. I held tight on the belief that Mcdonalds was everywhere. When we knew that we already saw every corner, we approached the supermarket’s guard and asked if there was a Mcdonalds there. He answered, “None, sir.” The walls suddenly molted. Everything was torn apart. Chagrined, I swallowed it all hard.

Just a few seconds after my world turned topsy-turvy, I came to a realization. I felt that I wasn’t a child anymore who would tantrum over broken promises and unfulfilled wishes. I proved to myself that I value greater things now. It was okay not to smell it nor to taste it nor to earn it nor to achieve it. It was okay because I believed more to permanent things than to temporary ones. And actually, I enjoyed the fact that I dreamed of and craved for something. The excitement and thrill of holding the pleasure and slowly getting near it is something I could cherish. It was just an ice cream yet, the belief that it could bring me satiety and a moment of happiness gave the craving an essence. I realized that ice cream was like any other things in the world. I stood straight and consoled myself, “The longer the craving, the sweeter the bite would be.” 

© 2013 pennypauper


Author's Note

pennypauper
Hope you enjoyed reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was great. I think we all know how it is to want something so badly that it essentially haunts us, only to lose sight of it or miss it... albeit temporarily. Hang on to that hope - get that ice cream, friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pennypauper

10 Years Ago

Exactly. Thanks, Aries. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 9, 2013
Last Updated on October 9, 2013
Tags: mcdonalds, craving, ice cream, food, life

Author

pennypauper
pennypauper

Coral Gables, FL 33146, FL, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
Sommers Nonwoven Solutions is a company that specializes in the design and production of nonwoven materials for a wide range of applications. They offer a range of information about their products, se.. more..

Writing