Happiness

Happiness

A Story by Chris Barker

What exactly is happiness? Why do we pursue it? Is it because it makes us feel amazing about ourselves? To give ourselves some kind of purpose to live our lives? Happiness is hard to find and once you have it you never want to let go of it. It eventually fades away like everything does, but does it come back? Why do you want it back knowing that it would just fade away again? Is it possible to have happiness forever without it fading away? Is that what we're pursuing? Why do we rarely feel happiness and experience more pain? Does it make us stronger or weaker? Why can't happiness be there for us when we need it most? ...or is it already here? Are we so blinded by pain and hurt that we ignore it's existence? Is that thing that's always there for us is that actually happiness? If it isn't...what is it then? We look and look to try and find our what this thing is. We keep going and going until we reach the finish line. We reach the finish line and stop and we meet...it's happiness. It wasn't there for us...but it also never really left. So what was that thing that kept us going to the point we're at now? The thing that prevented everything from falling apart. The thing that kept us sane. Or perhaps it's not actually a thing, then what is it? A...feeling? 

© 2010 Chris Barker


Author's Note

Chris Barker
I have no idea what genre to put this in so if you have an idea please let me know! Hope you enjoy/ed my piece of writing!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

genre: philosophy?? or psychology. cool story i like your ideas and the way you keep questioning happyness. maybe happyness is always there but we choose pain instead. i agree with we are so blinded by pain and hurt. thanks for sharing :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


hmmm journal. Kind or like expressing your feelings about the world asking questions unanswered i really like it nicely done! it's deep and different and well really well written. I hope you plane on writing some more stories and such.....

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yeah, this could be a great poem because everything you said was intelligent and thoughtful, and really made me think.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Personally, I enjoyed it! It was original and intelligent. As for a genre, if you put it into verses and stanzas and all, you could easily put it as poetry but if you want to keep it as a paragraph, I'm not sure either x]
Good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

505 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 27, 2010
Last Updated on August 29, 2010

Author

Chris Barker
Chris Barker

MA



About
I'm Chris. I live in Massachusetts and I'm 17 and have been writing since I was 13. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..