21 Grams (2003)

21 Grams (2003)

A Story by Doug Ordunio
"

another powerful film by Iñárritu

"

Director: Alejandro Iñárritu

 

Once again, the brilliant Mexican director stuns us with interlocking plots. Like Amores perros which is discussed on another discussion, the centerpiece is a tragic automobile accident. Jack (Benicio del Toro) is an ex-con, married with children who has used Jesus to put his life back together. He is now sober, and even counsels young men before their lives spin out of control. He even has a job at a golf course, but he is fired because of his visible tattoos. His former boss tries to console him and he is driving home when he commits a hit and run accident, killing a father, Michael, and two daughters in the street.

 

Paul (Sean Penn) has a heart condition caused in part by excessive smoking. His wife Mary (Charlotte Gainsbourg) is becoming disenchanted with the marriage, but she is given hope when Paul is able to get a life-saving heart transplant.

 

Cristina (Naomi Watts) is a woman who is getting her life back together. Her husband is Michael, who is killed along with his daughters in the car accident caused by Jack. She is approached by a hospital counselor after the accident to find out if Cristina is willing to allow her late husband to be an organ donor. She agrees.

 

Paul receives Michael’s heart, and he hires a private detective to find out who the donor was. He is successful and gradually begins a relationship with Cristina. However, he wants to avenge the death of Michael. This is a very powerful film, and an unforgettable masterpiece

 

Music is by Gustavo Santaolalla.

© 2011 Doug Ordunio


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

671 Views
Added on November 10, 2011
Last Updated on November 10, 2011

Author

Doug Ordunio
Doug Ordunio

Tujunga, CA



About
I have been writing for a little while-- Please read and you might be entertained. Please don't send me tons of read requests. If you must send one, make sure it's your best stuff. From me, you will.. more..

Writing