science kills

science kills

A Story by will johnson
"

an explosion has happened in the year 2050 at one of the top science labs in the country and i have been framed. but i am going to find out who by

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of science kills.



An explosion!

 

I run down the corridor, my pearl white lab coat flying behind me. I didn’t mean to do it; it wasn’t me! I’ve been framed! My partner is dead. And I have been framed! I reach my hover car and rip the tracer off with one fluid motion. Moments later I’m racing off in to the sunset. Five hours of driving non-stop, thinking about the first fiery explosion I ever created.

 

It killed all my family. It was twenty years ago, I was ten; I was playing in the garage. I mixed two chemicals and saw it fizz I knew what was about to happen so I ran.

 

Two hours later I reach the border and speed across like a bullet from a gun. I’m free. Free to seek brutal, merciless revenge.

 

The year is 2050 and there has been an explosion at one of the top science labs in the world. I have been blamed. I am now a wanted criminal. But I know I have been framed and I am going to find out who by?

 

I arrive in the city. Its gleaming glass buildings blind me as I speed through. I go to a hotel and get a room. I stay there for a night then go for a walk in the morning. As I walk down the street a man leaps in front of me. He has a police uniform on, I know who he is. I turn and run. I hear shots being fired and see the orangey brown rays of a gun whiz past my head just centimeters away from contact. I look to my left and see a fuel truck. There are two men standing by it. I look closer and see there name tags, Michael K and Lewis M. Then they are gone, a stray shot ricocheting of a wall and hitting the fuel tank, creating a large explosion which envelopes them in light and fire. I veer right through a series of small, dark alleyways. Twenty minutes later I slow down. I’ve evaded the chief of police I start towards the hotel where my hover car is. As I get close to my car my mobile phone rings. It’s an unknown number so I answer it. The voice on the other side is familiar.

 

“I am the one who framed you,” the voice says mysteriously. “Who are you?” I query the voice. The line goes dead before my question is answered. I get in to my car and drive off wondering who that man was. I reach a small, quaint village. I have a friend here who could help me. I go to his house. The house has a small green door with a thatched roof and white washed walls. Chris steps out of his humble home, he seems happy to see me but I tell him I don’t have time for niceties. I tell him about the phone call and tell him I need him to trace the voice and cross reference it with every person on the police database. He gets to his computer and starts working we wait five minutes and we get a match. The results are impossible. He’s dead!

 

The results say it’s my dad but that can’t be right he was killed in the first explosion I ever created. I ask Chris if he knows where my father might be. Chris tells me that my father owns a big company called Johnson industries. I leave quickly saying thank you to Chris.

 

I get to the city where my fathers building is. The cities high, gleaming spires baffle me as I walk down one of the streets. I get the feeling I am being watched. Suddenly a rugged woman jumps out in front of me and says it a trap, I ignore her and walk on. I reach the building where my father works and feel good. As I walk in the lobby a man grabs me roughly and drags me in to an elevator. We reach the top floor and the doors slide open silkily. My father stands there and smiles. The smile of a dead man.

 

As we walk through the corridors he tells me why he framed me and that he is sorry for it. He tells me that he was angry for causing my mothers death and that he blamed me for everything. He says he does not blame me anymore. We turn a corner and we are in his office. The office is like a penthouse suite. There are carpeted walls and Persian rugs. I look to my left and the chief of police is standing there. He gives me an evil look and I know he is still angry at being given the slip. I smile back at him and he just grunts. Me and my dad sit down and talk. We finish our talk and I leave.

 

I get in to the street to find the chief of police standing outside with his gun drawn and a crazed look in his eyes. He turns round and trains his gun on me. Before I know what’s happening he fires. I close my eyes and wait for deaths cold embrace but it doesn’t come. I look down and see the woman that told me it was a trap lying on the floor blood pouring from the hole above his heart. I see a gun in his pocket. I look back at the chief of police, he’s reloading his weapon. As quick as a flash I get the gun from the dead man and put a bullet through his killers head. Now I am sure I’m a wanted man. Oh well I kind of enjoyed the adrenaline rush of people wanting me dead.

 

Chapter 2

 

Before I have a chance to move half of the police are chasing me. I race through the streets back to the hotel where I stayed. I get to my car to find that it has been destroyed. I curse my luck and run on looking for a safe haven. As I run my heart pounds in my chest and the adrenaline courses through my body. I find a small, dark and boarded up house and dive in. I hear the police sirens and footsteps go past. I look out a crack in the window. The coast is clear. I get out the window and find an abandoned car and borrow it. As I speed away I hear a voice telling me to halt. I step on the accelerator.

 

I reach yet another village. I would take time to enjoy the view but I know I’m being followed. I finally lose my pursuers and reach a village which I recognize. I’ve gone in a circle I’m back in the village where Chris lives. I go to his house once more. His door is hanging off its hinges. I walk in and see Chris lying on his sofa. Blood is seeping from a wound in his stomach.

 

I know this type of kill. It’s the signature kill of my father’s assassin. His name is river.

 

I finally realize what’s happening. My father has done this; he is the one who ordered the chief of police to kill me. He is the one who has ordered Chris’s death. I grab one of the many weapons that line Chris’s study wall. Now it’s personal.

 

 

Chapter 3

 

I get back to the city as fast as I can as I enter I see a dark silhouette on the top of a building. It’s him. River jumps from the top of the building and thrusts his sword through the front of the car. I leap out of the car. And pull my katana from the back seat. I walk off and the car explodes. I run at River pulling back my sword to strike. River deflects my attack with a simple twist of his wrist. He moves to get me across the stomach but I redirect his attack to one of the nearby police officers. His sword swings out of his hand and pins the officer to the wall. I knock river to the ground. He quickly catches me by the legs and kicks them out from underneath me. He hurries to a roof of a building I follow in his footsteps my arm quickly losing its feeling as I reach the top of the building I see the deadly assassin blood seeping through his clothes he charges at me I have no time to react. He knocks me off the building. I can feel the cold, brisk air whistle past me as I fall. I hit the floor. Hard. My sword skitters across the ground and we begin to hit each other. He lands blow after blow on me. He swings once again and I catch his fist and break his arm. he lashes out with his leg trying to kick me. Again I catch the blow and break the limb. He falls to the floor. I retrieve my sword and pin him to the ground. I put the point of my sword to his throat and finish him off with one quick blow.

 

I keep moving and I reach my fathers building I enter the lobby and its empty. I walk to the elevator and the doors slide open. There standing in front of me is my father’s two bodyguards. Bradley and Liam. They run along the walls and try a dual attack. Both of them leap off the wall at the same time and throw small knives at me. I duck and both of the knives skim my head. Bradley and Liam land on the floor their ginger hair glowing in the morning sun. They race at me with their knives in their hands. I jump as they approach. They back flip onto the walls again. Again they run. I jump to the knives they threw before. They’re embedded in the ground. I pull as hard as possible and they dislodge themselves. I track their movement and throw the knives. I hear a gentle thud as their bodies hit the floor a knife for each of their foreheads.

 

I run to the elevator but as I reach it I hear a familiar voice behind me. It’s Nicci. I turn and see her. She tells me she has heard about what has happened. She wants to help me. I tell her she can guard the elevator. The elevator doors slide open and I leave Nicci to cover my back.

 

I reach the top floor and make my way to my father’s office. I get to the door and hear him speaking to someone inside. I peek round the corner and see it’s his best bodyguard. Jamie. I remember his face. He was my uncle; now he works for the man that wants me dead.

 

I press myself against the wall outside his office. My father stops talking and Jamie walks out. I grab him and throw him against the wall. I smother him and within minutes he lies on the floor unconscious.

 

I stroll into my father’s office and press a knife to the back of his head he gulps and I tell him to turn around. “Why did you do this” I ask him calmly. “You killed my wife. I loved her more than I loved anyone” he replies, there's an edge in his voice. He spins round quickly procuring a great sword from underneath his desk.

 

I leap back as he swings the massive weapon at me. He swings again and I doge it by back flipping. I strike at his right arm and land the blow he drops his sword. I strike at his legs and he falls to the floor on one knee. “Why did that woman save me” I question him. He looks up at me “didn’t you see her face?” he trails off. “Who was it?” I scream at him. “it was your grandmother”

 

“Your real grandmother” he replies. A sick smile on his face

My world starts spinning. The man who was once my father uses this moment to recover and pull out a knife from his sleeve. I recover quickly as he lunges at me. I dodge it quickly. I strike back at him but he deflects the blow. I strike again with all the ferocity I can. I break through his defense and the blade sticks in his shoulder. He hits the floor. I bend down to ask him one last question “what was her name?” I whisper this into his ear. “Hannah” he tells me this and then draws his final breath.

 

I walk back to the elevator and press the button to go to the lobby. The doors slide open and there before me is Nicci’s dead body. Jamie is lying beside her. She must have killed him and he must have killed her. I walk from the lobby my life now in ruins; all because of one man and his words.

 

Chapter 4

 

 

5 years later. All my real family is dead. Hunted down and killed by the conspiracy that Mr. Johnson created. I wish I could have done something but I couldn’t. Now I live in peace. I have a great business and a good home. And do you know what the best thing is. No-one ever questioned me taking over Johnson industries.

 

 

 

by william johnson age 14

 

 

 

   

 

 

© 2010 will johnson


Author's Note

will johnson
this was done as my english p and i coursework feel free to comment on it however you want



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on May 28, 2010
Last Updated on May 29, 2010
Tags: science, kills, fiction, sci-fi

Author

will johnson
will johnson

United Kingdom