Little Things

Little Things

A Poem by Cody Wishman

My love had gone, left all alone wondering where she went.

I found myself remembering through my sadness and my grief, the little things you did and said that made my life complete.

Before we met, a broken shell was all that was in me, but then just a little thing made me happy.

You were kind and caring, qualities i was not used to, just the little things you showed to me made me love you.

Little things, little things made me love you.

Your smile, your laugh, the glint in your eye, made me wish that someday you would be mine.

And then you left and i found myself remembering, the little things that made my life complete.

The grief of loss i will always know but little things will keep me strong, until you return to me where i know you do belong.

And when you do, i too will do little things for you to show you how i care.

Your little things make life worth living, make it Easier to bear.

I find myself remembering, my soul unburdened by the thoughts. Of all the little things, the tiny little things, the make my life complete.

© 2014 Cody Wishman


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This, again, is incredible my friend. You have capture the essence of love in a beautiful meaningful way! I love how you've taken the idea of the "little things" because it is so true, so relatable, the small subtle things are what makes it work, it captures your attention. it's incredible how you've written this, I loved every word, every image it brought to mind. i am very glad to have crossed your page, I was not disappointed! Thank you for this wonderful write!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Added on April 2, 2014
Last Updated on April 2, 2014
Tags: Poem, Love

Author

Cody Wishman
Cody Wishman

Boone, IA



Writing
Betrayal Betrayal

A Story by Cody Wishman