The Saddest Part.

The Saddest Part.

A Story by word surgeon
"

You will fall.

"
She was climbing.

Someone once told her that a ladder to the sun would make everything okay. That a ray of sunlight on her face was going to set everything right again. She remembers, it was a boy. She refused to believe him at first, but his bright green eyes blazed with the light of everything, and then she believed. Her eyes began to twinkle from beneath her fallen hair and she smiled a smile that she believed.

So she climbed. And he looked up at her from the ground, his charcoal clothes not showing through the blinding aura he was giving off. Climb, he said. But he didn't move his lips.

The more she moved, the more blind she became. Too bright, it was too much. But she kept going, blisters forming on her hands from the many years of her ascent. Endless years. How much longer? she would think. How much longer?

And then the moment came, it came when she felt something in her that told her to stop. It was something dark, black, near her heart; and it told her to stop.

You fall now, it said. It was there, in front of her, the dark black thing near her heart. Lips unmoving as he spoke. Eyes deathly. You fall. A smile spread on his face like a disease.

He spread his coal-black wings and flew, to someplace in the back of her mind labelled Pain And Suffering. Laughing manically all the way. And she fell.

It took her years to reach the ground.

© 2011 word surgeon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on August 6, 2011
Last Updated on August 7, 2011
Tags: angel, fall, sun, trust