Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
A true Christian

A true Christian

A Poem by Joel M Frye

You are forgiveness
in the flesh, grace manifest;
I am not worthy.

© 2012 Joel M Frye


Author's Note

Joel M Frye
This pantheist thanks you from the bottom of his pagan heart; there are those who truly follow Christ's example as children of Spirit.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is humbling to encounter such a pure spirit.
A few times in my life, I have been granted vitally-needed forgiveness by individuals who forgave me as freely and deeply as my own parents might have.
That, to me, demonstrates true brotherly love.
Thank you, Joel, for this concise and dramatic tribute to the essence of The Way.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Joel M Frye

11 Years Ago

Humbling, indeed, Frank. Would that I can learn to become as fully forgiving as my teacher here.
Oh how very few true Christians there are, then there are those who only pretend, each day they dress themselves in hypocritical sins. Preaching to others and passing judgement while saying there is only one who can pass judgement. I apologize for my short rant. This was thought provoking for me. A great piece. Thank you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Joel M Frye

11 Years Ago

Understand completely, Emily. I do not consider myself Christian not because of Christ himself, but.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. i have to say this, monsieur joel ... there are many who write senryus ... but no one ... absolutely no one writes senryus ... that flow so naturally ... you are brilliant ... and ... i must add ... that if someone who doesn't know what a senryu is ... and is reading ... they would think that you've written an absolutely brilliant micro epic ... as for this one, i can definitely think of a few ... who are "forgiveness in the flesh" ... a double wow for the alliteration and the thought ... as for you ... well, i think maybe that they need us to need them ... :P ... the lesser mortals make it more evident that the better mortals are better ... :P ... whether you agree or not, this is a spectacular piece ... you are poetry in the flesh ... and i thank you for being you ... :) ...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Joel M Frye

11 Years Ago

Thank you kindly, Mlle. serah. I would agree with you about the better mortals, except that I find t.. read more
...

11 Years Ago

. oh, thank you, monsieur joel ... we do share that Spirit, you know ... you are awesome ... and.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 5, 2012
Last Updated on July 5, 2012

Author

Joel M Frye
Joel M Frye

St Petersburg, FL



About
http://k002.kiwi6.com/hotlink/3w6q0yrymv/01_Ballad_to_Ben.mp3 http://k002.kiwi6.com/hotlink/jhjs7gw3cz/02_What_Do_I_Say.mp3 http://k002.kiwi6.com/hotlink/652qs6u270/03_Lady_Chasing_Rainbows.mp3 htt.. more..

Writing