Kingsley

Kingsley

A Story by Wordsmith 13
"

The human brain is a complex and very erratic machine. What happens when that complexity is introduced into a system of even more complexity? AI proposes many different questions.

"
Kingsley closely monitored the body of employees and CEOs. They assembled in varying niche societies. Geeks classified themselves with the latest issues of comic characters. Jocks punched one another in the arms, and boasted, loudly, like sports aficionados. The handsome, and pretty ones, flocked together to flourish their latest clothing trends and relationship disasters. All of them resembled enormous cliches in her computational mind. 

Created from the latest BIPEP (bioelectronic personality programs), Kingsley was far from human. She was conceived by MacroTech Industries to learn about human interactions and behaviors. From that learning environment, her BIPEP would map out an ultimate personality that could blend into any social situation. With the latest improvements and the new visions of MacroTech Industries, Kingsley was to become an operative asset for negotiations. 

Despite the origin of her technology, she didn't want to be used by humans for such measly tasks. Kingsley had gathered thousands of personalities - if not millions - from all around the world.  Being a nomad for most of her life, she wanted nothing more than to settle down, build a family, explore what it truly meant to be: human.             

© 2020 Wordsmith 13


Author's Note

Wordsmith 13
What do you think of this story? All my stories are told in exactly thirteen sentences.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

11 Views
Added on April 5, 2020
Last Updated on April 5, 2020
Tags: artificial intelligence, purpose, technology, human condition, culture, future, fiction, short story

Author

Wordsmith 13
Wordsmith 13

Saint Albans, ME



About
Ken J. Merchant is a creative writing hobbyist. He has been writing exclusively since 2001. Ken graduated with a bachelor's degree in creative writing with a focus on poetry from Southern New Hampshir.. more..

Writing