Senseless Grey

Senseless Grey

A Story by Reese
"

And I know, that this time, you wouldn't answer answer it anymore.

"

I feel so sorry for myself. So sorry for not feeling anything but nullified pain that I didn't think which is which that feeling belongs to.
I feel so sorry for myself to the point I'd laugh at myself because of not feeling this certain emotion I wanted to feel.
But when I hear your voice over the phone, I hold my cries and breath, hoping you wouldn't know who I was. Hoping you wouldn't block my number because there was nothing you could hear on my side.

I called once again, and this time, you didn't say anything back for a few minutes. And I was contented with it. Contented that you didn't end it, contented that you didn't block my number, contented that you were still awake at this hour.
I wanted to talk to you so much, but I knew I couldn't. Because I knew, you were happy. Well, at least that's what I think. But I hope you are.

I was about to speak to you. But then I'm afraid that when I do, you would know, and you would block my number, and that I wouldn't be able to call you again. And I end up not speaking to you. Because I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to hear your voice again.

It was worth a shot the third time. I said what I wanted to say, those three simple words. But I was just too late to say it; you had ended the call to soon.

And I know, that this time, you wouldn't answer it anymore.

© 2022 Reese


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on October 28, 2022
Last Updated on October 28, 2022
Tags: love, lgbt, heartbreak

Author

Reese
Reese

Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines



About
I write stories for a sad heart. more..

Writing
"Odio" "Odio"

A Poem by Reese