Paradise Of Death

Paradise Of Death

A Story by Reese
"

A dreamscape of dreams.

"

Somewhere in the middle of the ocean, an island stood untouched, deserted and tranquil. It was the most perfect place and spot for two people to dump bodies in the ocean. And I was one of those bodies that was dumped first in the middle of the ocean. I was dead, pale, cold but I was aware for an unknown certain reason. Body after body, wrapped in a thin white sack, was dumped in the ocean. I felt fear coursing through my veins, I felt alive.

My body, face in the surface, floated aimlessly towards an old rusting fishing boat. I could see through the thin white sack they dumped me into, there were only two people in the boat. One was a huge burly man with an ugly scar on his left cheek, and one, a prim elderly woman wearing an all pink outfit. She had the face of a good grandmother. Her face was the scariest between the two of them. It was full of deceit and something of a look of failure and disgust.

My body was pushed back with a long pole by the burly man towards the swarm of bodies. I was clashed gently to another body, the thin white sack came loosely and a fit of blonde hair flowed out of it, and there fear was felt in my chest. White bluish dead eyes came right staring back at me, pale dead skin, bluish lips cracked and a dry wound. There were others behind her, a few lot of others. I was afraid. I was dead yet afraid.

To be left alone, perfectly aware that you're being dumped in the middle of the ocean. Cold, trapped in a white sack, left to rot. Everything was so blue under the ocean. Calm yet fear enveloped me as the engine of the boat started and faded away. Leaving the scene in silence. I felt my blood flowing around my veins, filling in the empty.

I felt warmth wrapping around my skin against the cold waters of the ocean, I felt my fingers twitch, the blood in my veins circulating. My body began twitching, sinking down the ocean floor. My eyesight began to clear, the light blue color of the ocean fading as I sink into the dim ocean floor. My body felt so heavy, with the shallow ocean floor against my back, the small light from the surface, I began to feel a clench in my chest.

Could I breath?  I wondered and stared at the surface, the bodies twitching like I had, and started to swim. I hadn't realized I have been breathing until I saw bubbles in front of me. I choked and covered mouth, panic rising in me. But somehow, I felt calmness overwhelm me. It scared me, but I ignored it and swam to the surface with the others who were dumped with me.

I stopped short and closed my eyes and I feel this warping feeling around my body. It felt excruciating and I felt my bones crack through my ears. I felt the waters around me vibrate, or more like my body vibrating. I heard someone call my name. It was muffled, blurred in my ears but so near.

With my eyes still closed, I began to feel the air instead of this damp defeaning feeling in my head. Instead, I was hearing this sharp whistling sound. I felt unbearably cold and freezing to a second death. And this time, I hear a scream loud and clear right beside me and I snapped my eyes open to see a little girl fighting against the wind. My mind was still registering what was happening. I could feel the fast beat my heart made but I was disoriented.

The scream of help from the brunette haired little girl snapped me out of my muddled self. "Help!", she squealed through the wind.

I could feel the wind against my skin and the fast fall of our bodies out of nowhere from the sky. I reached my hands out towards the little girl and grabbed her wailing hands with great difficulty. I could see the tears in her eyes, fear embedded in them. I drew her closer to me and hugged her tight calming her in the most possible way I could, even though the comfort of landing somewhere soft and safe was impossible at the state we were in.

I saw land in the corner of my eyes. I knew we were nearing the ground with no safety net or any thoughts that we were going to be saved miraculously. The hug I gave for the little girl got tighter, I could also feel her small hands gripping my dirty white dress.

The only reassured thought I had was that what's the worst that could happen now that I knew I died somewhere in the middle of the ocean. Dying couldn't be worst the second time right?

I closed my eyes, arms tight around the little girl and waited as our impending doom come to us once again. It was a minute before I felt the same excruciating feeling that I felt in the ocean. I opened my eyes, I gasped.

The clouds faded away slowly, pitch black surrounding us slowly. It was like falling in a tube. A never ending fall in a pitch black hole. In that moment, I could feel the lack of air and something grabbing my dirty white gown down deeper.

Smoke of colors began to surface around, swirling smoothly and softly. It was like in a trance I've seen before I died. A short burst of memory came crashing in my head with a sharp ringing in my ears.

I could feel my arms getting numb around the girl, the sucking feeling of every inch of my soul fading. My eyes blurred, seeing the red smoke envelope me. Warm, safe, and comfortable. It had the smell of after rain.

I gasped loudly and sat up instantly. Looking around the field if grass with my head in disorient once again. I swallowed a lump in my throat. All I could see was a neverending green grass. The sky was blue, the clouds seemed serene, and the sun shone warmly.

I layed down once again, forgetting the little girl and just enjoyed the peaceful place. Feeling the soft grass on my skin, the smell of ground, the slow paced clouds moving west, the wind flowing so calmly. I closed my eyes, and felt my breath stop.

© 2022 Reese


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
Added on October 28, 2022
Last Updated on October 28, 2022
Tags: dreams

Author

Reese
Reese

Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines



About
I write stories for a sad heart. more..

Writing
"Odio" "Odio"

A Poem by Reese