Crying Sunflowers

Crying Sunflowers

A Story by Reese
"

An unbearable itch that dug deep in my skin.

"

"But what about me?", my voiced cracked up as I looked at her, brows furrowed, tears piling up behind my eyes, a lump forming up in my throat. My heart clenched so hard that I think it would burst anytime.

She looked over me, but never in my eyes. She was about to say something, but end up saying nothing but blabbing her mouth like a fish.

Tears fell slowly on my cheek, so slow that I would think that time stopped for just a minute. My chest pounded so painfully against my ribcage. It was tearing me apart merciless and torturously. It hurt so bad that I felt the numbness beginning to seep once again in me.

"Why couldn't you do that to me too? I've got feelings too." I said quietly. I looked at her and waited.

I didn't knew what I was waiting. A response she couldn't say? A response that would hurt me more than I already am? A response that would impossibly relieve me?

I had feelings I couldn't exactly pinpoint, but at the same time I could grasp the hurt, the sadness, the anger and the confusion. It messed up every thing I built on to control over my emotions. I was back to zero. I had nothing because I gave it all.

I wasted everything, poured out everything and expected something but I was wrong. I was dead wrong. It was stupid of me. How could everything be so unfair that I had to give up everything just to mend someone else's? Was I made to be broken? Healed over again and again, and be broken once again?

"What did I do so wrong?", I whispered. Enough for her to hear.

I looked down, tears flowing out like rivers. I held my arm where the faded scars were left and scratched it, as if there was an unbearable itch. It was a defense mechanism I had been used to doing whenever I was beginning to feel numb. It was this itch that digs deep under your skin, a feeling manipulated by my own mind. I was aware of it, but there was nothing I could do to make the numb that was creeping up slowly in my chest go away. It was an uncomfortable feeling that I was bothered that it left me rubbing and scratching my arm harshly.

I'm okay, everything's fine. Repeating the same sentence over and over in my head like a broken record that couldn't be stopped. I wouldn't dare look up and look at her because I knew that when I do, I wouldn't be able to leash my feelings.

Everything was back to zero.

© 2022 Reese


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on October 28, 2022
Last Updated on October 28, 2022
Tags: love, lgbt, heartbreak

Author

Reese
Reese

Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines



About
I write stories for a sad heart. more..

Writing
"Odio" "Odio"

A Poem by Reese