Elai

Elai

A Story by Reese
"

Spring Season in a winter season.

"

After I had stopped the car at a red light, I looked over my side, and saw her sleeping peacefully. Her face so calm, so beautiful, how lucky could I get with this woman? I smiled adoringly. She was perfect in my eyes. Even her flaws were perfect. The lamp post and the stop light was the only light that emitted in the night, but even with the dimness, I could still see her beautiful face. Warmth found its way to my beating heart as I continued to look at her. She was like a maiden in the forest.

I was tempted to brush off the hair that fell from her face to her cheeks, but I didn't want to wake her as she was a light sleeper afterall. I could stare at her all night long and still find warmth climbing up my chest. Like wearing a comfortable wool coat in a cold season.

There weren't many words that could describe her, as there was only a soft gentle caress that could do the justice of feeling. It was like holding a dandelion puff where if you don't handle it with care and with gentleness, the pollen could blow away.

I could imagine her, just standing in a white field in a white dress, hair that seems to lighten when the sun light hits on her, flowing so freely around her shoulders as the wind blows, her skin so milky soft that when you touch it, the dandelion puffs would fly away gently as if protecting her, surrounding her like a sea of pollen in a spring field.

She was like a ball of positivity that in a sudden 360° turn, the room that was upside down would instantly be on the right angle when she steps in. There'd be warmth filling in, like being under the sun, but minus the burns that would give. It was a warm cooling sun, so warm that it could warm up my freezing hands.

There was no butterfly feeling that you'd get in the pit of your stomach, there was just warmth in the chest where the fragile heart lies cold and frozen. She was the epitome of a Spring season in a Winter season.

I remembered one time she had asked me in one of our dates, "What if you were like one of those who were only good at the beginning?"

I took a sip of my iced coffee and looked at her, and smiled warmingly. "If there was one thing I learned from my past exes, it was that I'd give the best I can and hold her tightly right in my heart, and make her the happiest woman."

© 2022 Reese


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on October 28, 2022
Last Updated on October 28, 2022
Tags: love, lgbt

Author

Reese
Reese

Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines



About
I write stories for a sad heart. more..

Writing
"Odio" "Odio"

A Poem by Reese