Coffee And Pasttime

Coffee And Pasttime

A Story by Reese
"

A Pastime short story.

"

I settled in the usual café seat that we had first met. The cafe that held more memories than any pictures could capture. Sitting in the table near the window at the corner, opening my book and grabbing some highlighters and pens. I had ordered my usual large iced caffe latte and two sices of blueberry cheesecake. I've always fancied iced coffee's than hot ones. It was just the thought that I could enjoy it without burning my tongue to a degree burn by a coffee. I once got burned by a hot coffee, and I didn't enjoy the rest of it.

I opened to the page to where I was supposed to study, sighing boredly. There weren't a lot of people around in the café, there were group of friends hanging out, catching up, there also two pairs of couples dating, then there were just people like me who sits alone in a table doing whatever they're doing.

I wasn't the only one to come in here and study. There was one girl two tables opposite from mine, she was so focused on her laptop and her physics book open wide, looking to and from both of it and there were some papers sprawled all over the table, and a pen resting on her right ear. She had the lightest brown hair, freckles on her face, and emerald eyes that shone like diamonds under the florescent lights and the way her hair was tucked in the hood, sitting in her shoulders was like watching something out from a movie. She was only wearing her gray university hoodie, and blue jogging pants and white rubber shoes. It was so simple yet si attractive at the same time.

I focused back on my studies while sipping a small amount of my iced coffee so as not to finish it abruptly. I fished out my laptop from its case realizing I needed it for research.

I hadn't realized I had been studying for a few hours or so until I felt my phone vibrate beside my laptop. Flashing a notification on the screen. I ignored it and stretched out my arms and legs as much as I can in the table. Rubbing my eyes lightly and then looking at my laptop. I eyed the writing app I've been using to write my stories and hovered the cursor in it. Contemplating whether I want to take my time reading my written stories. I bit my lip, gazing at the time and then clicking the writing app. I have a lot of time, do why not?

For a few minutes I have been amazed and sad at the pieces I've written. Raising my hand on my mouth and biting my nail thumb, reading my own written works was like a truck hitting and smashing me to bits. I had read it again only to realize I was experiencing the same feeling a few years ago with what I felt right now.

It was like a coincidence. From the start to finish, I've been doing the same thing but only with much care and better actions. But not so far from my first relationship to my recent ended relationship.

© 2022 Reese


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

21 Views
Added on October 28, 2022
Last Updated on October 28, 2022
Tags: love, life

Author

Reese
Reese

Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines



About
I write stories for a sad heart. more..

Writing
"Odio" "Odio"

A Poem by Reese