When Time Comes Passing

When Time Comes Passing

A Story by Reese
"

A life that starts with a new chapter.

"

There was a moment in life when I stopped what I loved. I stopped writing stories that had the potential to become great books, and I stopped making art that could have been developed into a fine painting. There was a time I was a happy kid with no worries to think about. But I guess with time, you change.

What was it that made me who I was today?

Time?

People?

I was one of those who sat behind everyone and listened as things were unfolding �" getting comfortable in my own space. Going with the flow with everyone around you, those moments where you just say 'yes' and you comply. Those moments where you skip important events just to do fun things with friends.

And then a pause in life comes.

A pause in everything.

You sit back and relive those times that made you who you were today. You think about those times when you skipped a class, got drunk, partied, laughed with friends, cried for love, loved the wrong person, found love �" a bubble that makes You.  

Then there comes a moment when those comfortable spaces, those comfort bubbles, and comfortable shells burst; the kind of bubble that paved and created something beautiful �" a moment where you stand in front of a crowd, a stage, and think, 

"This is what it feels."

And you look at those faces in front of you �" without the fear, the anxieties attacking your nerves; it becomes a comfort knowing that the bubble, the space, the shell that you've built have opened.

You become someone's comfort that they could rely and trust �" their safety net in case something goes wrong.

Time.

Makes you look back at the things you've done, the silly and the chaotic, and the risk taker you've been.

It becomes sadder, but the sadness could be something so beautiful that people often don't see and like. Fun times become lesser. Pressure begins in your life as everyone around you are always expecting.

But sometimes, when you stop and look �" just look at the events happening in front, you become aware, time slows down for your eyes while everyone around you moves and talks.

You feel all kinds of things that you weren't aware you were feeling at all. And there comes a new kind of comfort just looking at everything through an eye that opened to a new view of life.

And you just...simply feel content.

Content with everything in your life, the way it's going through. Because, good times or bad times, they're both beautiful.

This is what it feels like.

© 2022 Reese


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
Added on October 28, 2022
Last Updated on October 28, 2022
Tags: life, beginning

Author

Reese
Reese

Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines



About
I write stories for a sad heart. more..

Writing
"Odio" "Odio"

A Poem by Reese