About A Princess That Lives Deep In The Heart

About A Princess That Lives Deep In The Heart

A Story by Reese
"

You are a perfect crime in my eyes.

"

Out of nowhere, your face popped out in front of me, you walked towards an empty table adjacent to the shelves of books. You didn’t see me, you were chatting with your friends and laughing at a joke. They were the two friends I usually see you with in the university. 


You looked so beautiful under the yellow dim fluorescent lights hanging on top of the coffee shop’s white ceiling. Everything about you was so perfect. The way you smile, the way you laughed at your friends' silly jokes, the way you moved; goofily. That was what makes you so attractive, so original, so you.  


A smile found its way to my face as I stared at you from behind the book shelves between the spaces; hands leaning lightly on the shelf, I seemed like a fool prying on the person I admire so much. I wanted to talk to you, but I was too shy and too cowardly to do so. But there was not a second thought that would change my mind on how much I would move mountains just so you could see how much I support you in every little thing you do. 


I was happy enough to see you happy. I wish I could absorb the sadness, the anxieties that bothers your thoughts. All the stresses that tire you in a day, I wish I could tell you how much you’ve done so much. That there was nothing in the world that could not remember the things you have done. People will always remember the great, nice things about you. 


I wish I could tell you, in times where you say things to brighten other people up, “What about you, Sadie?” You deserve more than the small things that saddens your heart, you deserve the whole universe. You deserve all the warmth, the gentleness of everything, and the beautiful things that brightens your day. 


You were the sky that never ends as the shadows dance under, the sky filled with stars that I get lost in. You were someone who, even only in glimpses, I am content with looking at from afar. You had a voice that I could play on repeat if I could. You light the most among the stars above the sky.


In a split moment, you looked my way and I avoided your gaze and inspected the books in front of me instead. Seemingly acting as if I was reading on something. It ached my heart that I, myself, couldn't bring to look at you in the eye. I bit my lip, trying to see in the corner of my eyes, only then that you had looked away and onto your friends. I duck my head lowly, having my eyes level with the books and looked at you with sad eyes.


Your hair fell freely on the side of your face. I sighed and smiled sadly.


You are a perfect crime that was imperfectly perfect in my eyes.

© 2022 Reese


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on October 29, 2022
Last Updated on October 29, 2022
Tags: love, life, dreams

Author

Reese
Reese

Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines



About
I write stories for a sad heart. more..

Writing
"Odio" "Odio"

A Poem by Reese