My friend the Oak

My friend the Oak

A Story by writer-scott
"

The is a story I wrote for class, This is suppose go with the poem the pen, however I feel the poem is way better.

"

 

 

My Friend the Oak

By Scott Pickett

 

            I have always like nature, although I don’t go out side much. However it was a fine Saturday in the first weeks of spring when the trees started turning green, I decide to take my writing out side for once.  Before walking out of the door I check to make sure I had my favorite pen and my tiny pocket size note book.

            I head south from my house towards the gulley that ran through our property, kind of searching the unknown for I have had never really ever walk down in to the gulley.  If some ask me why I never really walk there, I wouldn’t be able to give a reasonable answer.  I had to keep a close eye on my surrounding for it was warm enough for the snake to start come out, and I really did want to encounter a rattlesnake.

            I took some time to get to the Gulley, my movements where slowed by the waist high grass hindering my sight at the ground, in fact it was so bad that I turn back and to find a stick I could use as a walking stick. As I started thinking about it I found that quit strange, as to way I seem so motivated to come to the gulley.  But I pushed it a side for now and started looking around the gulley.

            It was full of sand, branches and trees, it even had a few rock that where just perfect to sit on.  For a moment I thought I found the ideal writing spot, yet some thing in the very back of my mind told me to keep going.  So now I started heading west along the Gulley.

            It didn’t take long for me to find the true writing spot, the thing that was in the very back of my mind that told me to keep going was now saying “Here, sit, and write to your heart content.”

            There stood an old oak in fresh budding, soon this became my favorite writing spot, and the tree became my friend that gave me shade in the blustering sun of the summer and gave me a relaxing clam peace, so now I tell you the story of my friend the Old Oak.

© 2009 writer-scott


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on July 12, 2009

Author

writer-scott
writer-scott

cochise, AZ



About
Hello I'm Scott, most of my friends call me Scotty or just Scott. I have been thinking of where to take my writing and I have felt a call to share My fathers(God) love thought my writing. I hope to p.. more..

Writing