not done yet...

not done yet...

A Story by writer12

breaking up is a lot like cutting bangs.

at first, it's sharp and rigid- totally unfamiliar, but, after a while, you get used to the idea. you'll pass by mirrors and have a little shock, maybe a small pang like you're missing something, but after a while you'll barely take notice and it's not a big deal anymore. time passes and you decide it's time to grow them out. for a little while things will be awkward- a clever hair clip or forceful side part to get them out of your eyes and slowly growing. every now and then you'll have to trim them, to keep them healthy. it will take some time for them to gain length, but as they do you'll notice. one day they'll even be long enough to tuck behind your ears, and at first glance, no one can tell your hair's not all the same length. even you can hardly notice the secret strands of hair shorter than the rest. but they keep on growing until one day you look in the mirror and can't even remember having them. it was just another chapter in your life that can be written off a a whim or a phase and the painful and careful deliberation before and the tremendous and difficult adjustment afterwards is wholly forgotten.

just as it should be.

© 2009 writer12


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Couldn't have said it better myself. Great piece, can't wait to read it when it is finished.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
1 Review
Added on April 19, 2009

Author