Why I Became A Writer

Why I Became A Writer

A Story by ATG
"

An autobiography about how I figured out that I wanted to become a professional writer.

"

Alright, I'll start with telling an interesting thing I do.  Do you know that stars wars kid from the internet?  The one with the kid jumping thinking he is a jedi?  That's NOT me, but it may as well be since I jump around like an idiot when I'm thinking about something exciting.  I have done this as far back as I can remember and I still do.  I usually acted like I was in the world of something from TV, books, or movies.  I pretended I was in that world and change things around to make myself sound cooler.  This I have grown out of and at the same time, I haven't.  I know jumping around acting like the characters I made up for my story ideas.  Hey its the only exercise I get.  I know.  I sound a little crazy.  But moving around seems to help me think better.

 

Now, how I decided to become a writer.

 

When I was in my senior year of high school, I had to write a short story for a class project.  I was really getting into writing the story and didn't want to stop it at a short story.  I did finish the project eventually.  Around the same time, I was enjoying the Sin City movie and reading the comic books that inspired the movie.  After I graduated from high school, I took a year away from school in general to figure out what I wanted to do for a living.  One day, I figured it out.  I wanted to be a writer.  I had the imagination for it (the jumping around), I enjoyed writing (high school project), and an ego the size of texas (I thought I could write better short stories than Frank Miller, the guy who wrote the Sin City comic books).  I started writing short stories based in a fantasy world.  I  got to bogged down by the details for the world.  I decided to set the short story ideas in a modern setting keeping the spell casting part.  A good number of my ideas survived the transfer from fantasy world to modern fantasy world very well.  Some died (they weren't that good).  The rest are being mentally rewritten and are starting the transfer.  Some of the characters from the dead stories survive and just don't have place to go yet.  I am glad I scrapped the fantasy world for the modern world since a good number of the stories have improved during the transfer over.

© 2008 ATG


Author's Note

ATG
Please note that this a slightly out dated. I have figured out the details for the fantasy world. Most of my stories are still based in modern time, but I'm coming up with new ideas for the fantasy world.

I posted this so you could get a better understanding of who I am.

I'm sorry the story is badly written. I don't have time to re-write the story. When I get a chance, I will re-write this entire story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i liked reading this. I want to be a writer as well and been writing stories since I was ten. (stopped at thirteen for awhile but that looooong story) and I do what you do. I do jump around like an idiot when i create characters. And, worst off...when I type...i get lost in my world and will physically speak as my character as i'm typing. My family says its scary to see my face contort a certain way, or how my voice changes.

Buuuut getting side tracked. This was a short piece and i liked it. Made me smile and think about when I knew I wanted to be a writer. I do hope you put your short story that changed your life on here, i'd love to read it. If its already there, then well, i'll read it now!

Posted 15 Years Ago


So when do we see this main "modern fantasy" story? :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Well well, Now I just learned something about you!


Posted 15 Years Ago


Haha...I now have a better understanding of who you are. I do find, it's easier to base stories on backgrounds you are familiar with. That's why I'm finding it so hard to write a good SF story.



Posted 15 Years Ago


This is so very interesting!!! I love learning about how people come to be what they are!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 20, 2008

Author

ATG
ATG

Independence, KY



About
I'm 21 years old. I like to watch movies and TV. I love to read and write stories. I have a good number of book ideas which are currently not written. I'm currently writing a good number of sho.. more..

Writing
Bella Bella

A Poem by ATG


Love Love

A Poem by ATG



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Flaming Black Flaming Black

A Poem by ATG


Spirit Eater Spirit Eater

A Poem by ATG


Love Love

A Poem by ATG