Adventures of a Wrathful Demon

Adventures of a Wrathful Demon

A Story by Chroma

Floating in an endless void, surrounded by fragmented realities, a red demon contemplates their existence.
When they had first been "born," they had immediately established themselves as the new Demon of Wrath, and joined their companions (the other six Demons) in bringing their former world to ruin. From there, they continued traveling to different timelines. They would absorb their alternate variation, take their place, and then begin interfering with that particular world. After repeating this hundreds of times, the red demon was beginning to become bored with this world. They wanted to find something new, something entertaining.
Today, however, was different. The red demon could feel a tugging sensation, as though there was a string tied to them, and some unseen being was pulling on it. Curious about it, they began moving towards the edge of the void. After an unknown amount of time, they hit a barrier. It wasn't exactly a wall; it was more like an "out-of-bounds" area, where their body simply refused to move any further in that direction. Determined to discover the source of this feeling, the demon began pushing hard against the barrier. Slowly but surely, they advanced further into the void.
Suddenly, everything turned white, and the red demon was suddenly dragged forward at an astounding speed! They didn't know where they were going, but they couldn't help but look forward to it...
When their vision cleared, the red demon realized that the place they were in was almost exactly the same as before. However, the fragments they were surrounded by appeared slightly different; perhaps they truly HAD moved somewhere different? The demon carefully peered into one of the fragments, only to pull back with shock. The world within that fragment was completely different from anything they had seen before. After viewing more worlds, they realized the truth: they were in a completely new universe.
As they viewed the fragment in front of them, they felt that familiar urge within them, the desire to inflame the anger and wrath of those weak humans. "Hmmm..." the red demon mused, "perhaps this will bring me the entertainment I seek?" With their decision made, they entered into this new reality, determined to bring it to its end...

© 2021 Chroma


Author's Note

Chroma
What areas do you think I should improve on? This is my first time doing any creative writing like this, so any advice is greatly appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

21 Views
Added on September 3, 2021
Last Updated on September 3, 2021
Tags: shortstory

Author