chosen

chosen

A Story by writerholic
"

the first time i saw annabel i thought that there was no hate stronger than ours. now i see that i love her with all of my very soul.

"

 

Chapter one
 
I waited outside the door to my father’s bed chamber. Waiting and twiddling my thumbs together nervously. He had been gone for several days now and had been injured in a previous battle with Dakin Wraith and his army. He had been bed ridden ever since. I hadn’t seen him for the two days that he had returned. I sat remebering some of the servants saying that things weren’t looking good for my father. I severely hoped that they would be wrong.
The giant wooden doors opened and a servant girl came out and ushered me in to see my father. His normally round smiling face was thin and smiles less. It seemed as if he had grown older in the week he had been gone. He had bruises of every size and shade and cuts and scrapes. The servents had been right. I put on my best smile and walked towards his bed trying to seem like everything was normal even though nothing was ever going to be normal again.
“Come on in son” my dad’s voice was rusty and weak. I quickly walked over to his side to keep him from straining himself any more than necessary.
“Vincent” he mumbled. “I need you to do something for me. Something very important”
“Yes father anything”
“I’m not going to be around much longer son. I need you to take my place. And fight for our kingdom.”
“What are you trying to say father? What do you mean you’re not going to be here much longer?”
“Son I’m dying. I’m asking you to protect our family and kingdom.”
“But father I… I can’t do this I need your help… I”
“No. I can not help you. Please son find the strength and courage to take my place. You are almost a man now being 15 years of age. I wouldn’t leave such an important job to anyone else.”
“I understand father. I will do everything in my power to save the kingdom.” I stood up and turned to leave trying to hold back tears that were threatening to spill and roll down my cheeks and walk confidently out of the room. How could he be so casual about it? He must of known his time was up for w while but I was still in shock. These were the thingswhen my father stopped me in my tracks.
“You didn’t think I was going to let you go on this mission alone did you?” I let out an internal sigh of relive thinking that it would be a strong knight willing to help me on my quest, but my father got rid of that thought when he called my aid to his side and out of the shadows.
“Annabel. You can come in now.” I girl shorter than me with brown long hair came around the corner. I felt embarrassed and angry that my dad thought that I needed a women’s help.
“Hello. My name is Annabel mavis. I am going to help you on your journey.”
I looked at the girl who was supposed to fight by my side and scoffed.
“Hello.” I said back with out any emotion at all. I turned around bidding my father a final good bye and walked out of the room before any one could see the tears rolling down my cheeks. I stayed hidden in the many walls of the castle taking in the things that had happened earlier. By diner my father was dead. I had found out that a few moments after I left he had passed. When I found out the news I guilty wave hit me for I had been insulted that he had asked a girl, a girl to help me. But as if the guilt wasn’t bad enough the pain of losing a father and king and the feeling of knowing that I was our kingdoms last hoped my stomach do a flip.
           

© 2009 writerholic


Author's Note

writerholic
i know it is supsosed to have a medivel spin to it and they talk in this day and age. i did it that way to put a new spin on things

ps. sorry about spelling.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on October 21, 2009