Noisy Night...Beautiful Night

Noisy Night...Beautiful Night

A Story by writermom46
"

One of my favorite blog entries I wrote in April of 2011

"
Okay! I know the title is not as flowing as the Christmas carol title, but it was very interesting to me to just sit and listen to all the noises of the neighborhood on this beautiful spring night. There was the tweet tweet of the birds, the pound pound of the basketballs as my son and his friend were playing in the driveway, and the vrrrm vrrrm of the constant traffic of the nearby highway. The most shocking and unique sound of the night was the blasting of "The Entertainer"  throughout the neighborhood from the...ICE CREAM TRUCK????? Yes, it was a beautiful night, but still quite on the cool side. It probably didn't get up past 50 degrees today. I for one wasn't ready for cold ice cream, but my kids jumped at the chance to get some. It was a hopeful sign that summer is on the way. It was peaceful to me just sitting and taking in the sights and sounds of spring. It is so nice to be able to sit out on the front porch and see green grass and budding trees unlike 2 weeks ago when those said trees were weighed down with heavy snow. The meteorologists are calling for warmer temperatures in the next few days, I'm hoping to start seeing even more evidence of spring. My new daffodils and tulips are peeking up from the ground. I saw buds on my friend's daffodils today. YAY! Finally spring is here!!!!!!

© 2016 writermom46


Author's Note

writermom46
When I read a similar entry of my blog to my writing group, I was encouraged to organize my blog entries into a book.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is well-written, plus your observations and thoughts are a delight. To find joy and comfort in such normalcy, void of metaphorical fireworks and strife, is to be rooted in the earth, so I think. Count me in.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 6, 2016
Last Updated on May 6, 2016

Author

writermom46
writermom46

Elmira, NY



About
I've loved to write since I was really young. I just became really serious about it after joining a local writing group held at my local library last October. It's been fun to experiment in differe.. more..