Feeling

Feeling

A Poem by Sarah Buchanan
"

This one is based off of a situation that happened when I was 14.

"

I had a feeling that would not go away.  A feeling of pain and suffering.  Something was about to happen.  Something was not right.  If only I knew then what I know now.

It was just a normal day, but a cloud hung over my head.  I could not shake the feeling that something bad was about to happen.  The house was quiet and all seemed well,, but I knew how quickly that could change.

I had a feeling that would not go away.  A feeling of pain and suffering.  Something was about to happen.  Something was not right.  If only I knew then what I know now.

He pushed, he shoved, he beat, he raved and ranted, but yet I knew that would not be the worst of it.  I sat in my room blasting my music, trying to shake the feeling, that a gun was about to go off.

I had a feeling that would not go away.  A feeling of pain and suffering.  Something was about to happen.  Something was not right.  If only I knew then what I know now.

Things calmed down, no gun was used.  But I still couldn't shake the feeling.  As the house went to sleep the feeling got stronger.  The quiet house became louder with a scream, "Sarah call 911"

(sound of a gun clicking)

© 2008 Sarah Buchanan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, umm, were to begin? For starters I could really feel the emotion that you were trying to convey and I felt the fear and like something is wrong. A very good read, a little scary at the end though : ).

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 23, 2008

Author

Sarah Buchanan
Sarah Buchanan

Dublin, VA



About
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mindkind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." --H.P. Lovecraft I'm just another aspiring writer. I'm 28 years old. Work.. more..

Writing
Preface Preface

A Chapter by Sarah Buchanan